FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Flash tool doesn't detect model, please help.

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By lordsolrac2, Senior Member on 3rd October 2015, 05:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As you read. After a whole day of searching non-stop from day 'til night, I finally give up and ask for help.
I've tried to flash a Lollipop ROM, which resulted in my LG G2 D800 having a soft brick.
I already had this issue once, so I knew what I had to do. I used a Kitkat 20c TOT package to return to Stock Kitkat. However, I kept recieving an error;

Device Model Unknown, Check Model or DLL. Or something similar. Upon my first search, I found out about the custom DLL.

So I tried it. But I get another error; CrossDL [Unknown] to [D800]. I tried 3 different DLL files, modified the TOT file (Hex Editor paste write)

I also ended up flashing some img files I don't remember which post it was exactly, but it was from here.

My device no longer boots up, it gives me, however, the option to either reboot or go directly to download mode once I power it on.

Please note; before and after the img flashing. I kept having the same issue.

So in short, I have no idea of how to flash the tot file because it keeps giving me a Device Model error. It there truly a way for the LG FLash tool (1.8.1 I think) to simply ignore what model it is before flashing?

Also, I tried this on another computer, but no luck, same result. I'm doing this on my PC with a Virtual Machine (I run Linux Mint as a Main OS) so I'm truly unsure if it's that, though the first time I did it when I first had the issue, it worked just fine...

Any ideas, suggetions?

Edit :: Another reason why I'm posting this is because a lot, if not all people with a D800 with this issue, their posts are either ignored or discontinued. So if I get this fixed, I'll make sure to specify how I did.
Last edited by lordsolrac2; 3rd October 2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Some extras.

4th October 2015, 06:34 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurabo

More
bump?
5th October 2015, 04:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurabo

More
buump?
6th October 2015, 02:26 PM |#4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1,577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsolrac2

buump?

Did you flash that g4 port ROM you were looking at? That wasn't for the d800.
Last edited by Art Vanderlay; 6th October 2015 at 02:28 PM.
7th October 2015, 02:26 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurabo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

Did you flash that g4 port ROM you were looking at? That wasn't for the d800.

I actually flashed This ROM
The first time I had this issue, it was because, I flashed CloudyG2 3.3.

Both the D800 Variants of the ROMs

It seems the issue is that I didn't have the kitkat bootloader (though, my device has Kitkat by default, so, why does it have this issue?)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)