[Q] LG G2 Battery Drain

Search This thread

fatmandan

Dec 18, 2010
Hi,

I have had my G2 for a few months now and have taken all the usual battery saving measures. On a normal work day, I can leave work with approx 60% battery left. No sync and no apps running in the background. I use task manager regularly and Clean Master to keep my battery lasting as long as possible. However, for no discernible reason, my battery has started running down at an alarming rate today. When i look at my running apps the list covers almost every app i have whereas normally it might have just a couple. I haven't downloaded any new apps or updated anyand my OS is up to date. Am i the only one experiencing this?

Thanks

prowsterz

Jul 12, 2014
Maidenhead
Hi,

I have had my G2 for a few months now and have taken all the usual battery saving measures. On a normal work day, I can leave work with approx 60% battery left. No sync and no apps running in the background. I use task manager regularly and Clean Master to keep my battery lasting as long as possible. However, for no discernible reason, my battery has started running down at an alarming rate today. When i look at my running apps the list covers almost every app i have whereas normally it might have just a couple. I haven't downloaded any new apps or updated anyand my OS is up to date. Am i the only one experiencing this?

Thanks
If the problem is not to do with wakelocks, then it is probably due to a badly calibrated battery. Download two apps: advanced battery calibrator and batterycalibration. Follow the instructions of batterycalibration first. Then the next day, charge your phone to 100 percent, then follow the instructions on advanced battery calibrator.
That should fix the battery life.

However, if it is wakelocks, download wakelock detector from the play store and screenshot the cpu wakelocks page please. Then, post the results on here.

fatmandan

Dec 18, 2010
Hi, I have location turned off completely. Battery use says my screen display but that is set either to auto or 50% today, I normally have it on full and last the day easily. It's been great up until today, for some reason all the apps are running in the background within seconds of killing them all off.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

fatmandan

Dec 18, 2010
Hi, I'm going to look into wake locks, not heard of them before. What would cause my battery to go from being great yesterday to badly calibrated today?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Maybe some apps you started toda are draining lots of battery since there is always google/whatsapp or facebook and many other apps keeping synchronizing in the background. I dont know or you have facebook but i had that app and that drained alot of battery on my nexus 4.

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
Uninstall clean master and task manager, this apps draining a lot of energy. Make a hard reset after this.

Sent from d802 via tapatalk

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
Look, i not use any task manager or clean master and i got 9 hours SOT
uploadfromtaptalk1408466841767.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408466848574.jpg

Sent from d802 via tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Assuming you've already tried setting Location Mode to Battery Saving instead of High Accuracy, check to see what's consuming most of the battery (Settings--> Battery; tap on the battery icon).