Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 Battery Drain

Tip us?

fatmandan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 Battery Drain

Hi,

I have had my G2 for a few months now and have taken all the usual battery saving measures. On a normal work day, I can leave work with approx 60% battery left. No sync and no apps running in the background. I use task manager regularly and Clean Master to keep my battery lasting as long as possible. However, for no discernible reason, my battery has started running down at an alarming rate today. When i look at my running apps the list covers almost every app i have whereas normally it might have just a couple. I haven't downloaded any new apps or updated anyand my OS is up to date. Am i the only one experiencing this?

Thanks

redduc900
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Assuming you've already tried setting Location Mode to Battery Saving instead of High Accuracy, check to see what's consuming most of the battery (Settings--> Battery; tap on the battery icon).
Phone: LG G2 VS980 24A
The Following User Says Thank You to redduc900 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prowsterz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmandan View Post
Hi,

I have had my G2 for a few months now and have taken all the usual battery saving measures. On a normal work day, I can leave work with approx 60% battery left. No sync and no apps running in the background. I use task manager regularly and Clean Master to keep my battery lasting as long as possible. However, for no discernible reason, my battery has started running down at an alarming rate today. When i look at my running apps the list covers almost every app i have whereas normally it might have just a couple. I haven't downloaded any new apps or updated anyand my OS is up to date. Am i the only one experiencing this?

Thanks
If the problem is not to do with wakelocks, then it is probably due to a badly calibrated battery. Download two apps: advanced battery calibrator and batterycalibration. Follow the instructions of batterycalibration first. Then the next day, charge your phone to 100 percent, then follow the instructions on advanced battery calibrator.
That should fix the battery life.

However, if it is wakelocks, download wakelock detector from the play store and screenshot the cpu wakelocks page please. Then, post the results on here.
Please press the thanks button if I helped

fatmandan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I have location turned off completely. Battery use says my screen display but that is set either to auto or 50% today, I normally have it on full and last the day easily. It's been great up until today, for some reason all the apps are running in the background within seconds of killing them all off.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

fatmandan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I'm going to look into wake locks, not heard of them before. What would cause my battery to go from being great yesterday to badly calibrated today?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 704
Maybe some apps you started toda are draining lots of battery since there is always google/whatsapp or facebook and many other apps keeping synchronizing in the background. I dont know or you have facebook but i had that app and that drained alot of battery on my nexus 4.
Devices History
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"The greatest ideas are the simplest." William Golding
"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far

Vlad Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Uninstall clean master and task manager, this apps draining a lot of energy. Make a hard reset after this.

Sent from d802 via tapatalk
LG G2 D802 16 GB, stock 4.4.2, TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery, Dorimanx 7.6 Kernel

LG Nexus 4 E960, 16 GB ,stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P), ART, TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery, stock kernel

Vlad Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Look, i not use any task manager or clean master and i got 9 hours SOT
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1408466841767.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  49.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1408466848574.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  39.9 KB

Sent from d802 via tapatalk
LG G2 D802 16 GB, stock 4.4.2, TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery, Dorimanx 7.6 Kernel

LG Nexus 4 E960, 16 GB ,stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P), ART, TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery, stock kernel