[Q] D802 possible brick after TWRP bootloop

Search This thread

edelein

May 21, 2014
I'm sorry if there's already enough information to solve this in the site, but after some heavy searching I couldn't find a solution to this specific problem.

I accidentaly ran my D802 into a bootloop at the TWRP menu. I'm not sure how but I think it was when I updated an app called "App" or something like that. Then I screwed it by accidentally wiping everything from the TWRP (I read I had to wipe something, I think it was the delvnik, and I didn't intend to wipe it all) and I think it included my backups/recoveries/restores (I'm not sure which one is the correct word), so now I am bootlooped and in this situation. Also I've never connected my LG G2 to this pc and so I'm downloading the drivers. Is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

edelein

May 21, 2014
Check return to stock threads.....you will need to use that process.

Oh thank you very much. But checking some of those threads, what if I don't know the exact region of my phone? (I bought it from Amazon and I think that the seller sells different regions) I mean I think that when I first booted it it had a chinese virtual keyboard, but I don't have the box anymore.

Do I necessarily have to select the firmware for the correct region to make it work? And if so, could I just try with a bunch of them until I hit the right one?

----------

Edit:

I just realized that method requires entering to the download mode. I can't enter to the download mode, it takes me to the TWRP menu.

Last edited:

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
Oh thank you very much. But checking some of those threads, what if I don't know the exact region of my phone? (I bought it from Amazon and I think that the seller sells different regions) I mean I think that when I first booted it it had a chinese virtual keyboard, but I don't have the box anymore.

Do I necessarily have to select the firmware for the correct region to make it work? And if so, could I just try with a bunch of them until I hit the right one?

----------

Edit:

I just realized that method requires entering to the download mode. I can't enter to the download mode, it takes me to the TWRP menu.

Maybe download a ROM and gapps to your PC the use sideload them to twrp then flash and your good to go...bonus!

edelein

May 21, 2014
I already solved it by entering a certain command at the terminal command in TWRP, which let me access to download mode and from there I could go back to stock.

KGB1021

Jan 2, 2013
Subotica
I already solved it by entering a certain command at the terminal command in TWRP, which let me access to download mode and from there I could go back to stock.

Can you write down what you entered in twrp to have downloadmode? Because I cannot access download mode and if it is possible to fix this with a command in twrp then i am willing to trie it.

edelein

May 21, 2014
Can you write down what you entered in twrp to have downloadmode? Because I cannot access download mode and if it is possible to fix this with a command in twrp then i am willing to trie it.

Quoting someone from another forum:

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.