Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] D802 possible brick after TWRP bootloop

Tip us?

edelein
Old
(Last edited by edelein; 8th July 2014 at 12:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] D802 possible brick after TWRP bootloop

I'm sorry if there's already enough information to solve this in the site, but after some heavy searching I couldn't find a solution to this specific problem.

I accidentaly ran my D802 into a bootloop at the TWRP menu. I'm not sure how but I think it was when I updated an app called "App" or something like that. Then I screwed it by accidentally wiping everything from the TWRP (I read I had to wipe something, I think it was the delvnik, and I didn't intend to wipe it all) and I think it included my backups/recoveries/restores (I'm not sure which one is the correct word), so now I am bootlooped and in this situation. Also I've never connected my LG G2 to this pc and so I'm downloading the drivers. Is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance.

maulich
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Check return to stock threads.....you will need to use that process.

edelein
Old
(Last edited by edelein; 8th July 2014 at 12:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maulich View Post
Check return to stock threads.....you will need to use that process.
Oh thank you very much. But checking some of those threads, what if I don't know the exact region of my phone? (I bought it from Amazon and I think that the seller sells different regions) I mean I think that when I first booted it it had a chinese virtual keyboard, but I don't have the box anymore.

Do I necessarily have to select the firmware for the correct region to make it work? And if so, could I just try with a bunch of them until I hit the right one?

----------

Edit:

I just realized that method requires entering to the download mode. I can't enter to the download mode, it takes me to the TWRP menu.

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelein View Post
Oh thank you very much. But checking some of those threads, what if I don't know the exact region of my phone? (I bought it from Amazon and I think that the seller sells different regions) I mean I think that when I first booted it it had a chinese virtual keyboard, but I don't have the box anymore.

Do I necessarily have to select the firmware for the correct region to make it work? And if so, could I just try with a bunch of them until I hit the right one?

----------

Edit:

I just realized that method requires entering to the download mode. I can't enter to the download mode, it takes me to the TWRP menu.
Maybe download a ROM and gapps to your PC the use sideload them to twrp then flash and your good to go...bonus!

edelein
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I already solved it by entering a certain command at the terminal command in TWRP, which let me access to download mode and from there I could go back to stock.

KGB1021
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelein View Post
I already solved it by entering a certain command at the terminal command in TWRP, which let me access to download mode and from there I could go back to stock.
Can you write down what you entered in twrp to have downloadmode? Because I cannot access download mode and if it is possible to fix this with a command in twrp then i am willing to trie it.

edelein
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB1021 View Post
Can you write down what you entered in twrp to have downloadmode? Because I cannot access download mode and if it is possible to fix this with a command in twrp then i am willing to trie it.
Quoting someone from another forum:

Quote:
What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

KGB1021
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote: