Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 D802 Trouble. Black Screen. No Recovery/Download Mode

Tip us?

LinusFr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] LG G2 D802 Trouble. Black Screen. No Recovery/Download Mode

Hello together!

I just got my new LG G2 D802 32gb today and wanted cyanogen on it. Well it was already rooted by the pre-owner so i just installed TWRP BUT I made the mistake to install it for D801 instead of D802. (Too hasty )
Well when the phone rebooted after the installation it stucked in fastboot and I was starting to freak out. I was searching for a solution but I just came from Apple to Android so its all kind of new. I saw this post and tried it.
reddit.com/r/lgg2/comments/1soiyj/stuck_in_fastboot_mode_need_help/

I erased the data as described. Worked just fine. Then I tried to flash the new data but it didnt work and after a while I restarted the phone (Why not I thought, usually always helps)
Well now the screen is, and stays, black. And it wont Turn on. No matter how long I press the Power Button. Also I cant access the Download nor the recovery mode. So I cant restock. When I connect the phone to my laptop it shows a crapload of drives on my laptop. From E to S everything. 15 Local Disks overall. Well just one of them is accessable. E:. On the drive is one single folder: Images. But its secured so I cant add anything to it (I hoped I could add the Images I just erased eralier manually). 63.9MB is its capacity.
Neither fastboot nor ADB can access the the phone now.
Pressing the Power Button of the phone while connected reconnects it to the computer.

I dont know what to do I am completely helpless

I appreciate every help!

Thanks!

Linus

Bob the tomato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Did you find a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusFr View Post
Hello together!

I just got my new LG G2 D802 32gb today and wanted cyanogen on it. Well it was already rooted by the pre-owner so i just installed TWRP BUT I made the mistake to install it for D801 instead of D802. (Too hasty )
Well when the phone rebooted after the installation it stucked in fastboot and I was starting to freak out. I was searching for a solution but I just came from Apple to Android so its all kind of new. I saw this post and tried it.

I erased the data as described. Worked just fine. Then I tried to flash the new data but it didnt work and after a while I restarted the phone (Why not I thought, usually always helps)
Well now the screen is, and stays, black. And it wont Turn on. No matter how long I press the Power Button. Also I cant access the Download nor the recovery mode. So I cant restock. When I connect the phone to my laptop it shows a crapload of drives on my laptop. From E to S everything. 15 Local Disks overall. Well just one of them is accessable. E:. On the drive is one single folder: Images. But its secured so I cant add anything to it (I hoped I could add the Images I just erased eralier manually). 63.9MB is its capacity.
Pressing the Power Button of the phone while connected reconnects it to the computer.

I appreciate every help!

Thanks!

Linus
Did you get an answer? Same problem for me

berceniqgil
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the tomato View Post
Did you get an answer? Same problem for me
same here any solution.

daniazevedo77
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is for the d802 variant with 16Gb,
but the procedure is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

berceniqgil
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusFr View Post
Hello together!

I appreciate every help!

Thanks!

Linus

HI, after two damned weeks, i decided to send my G2 to the service center, they said that they have to replace the board, luckily for me i still have the warranty for my phone, we have same problem, and even this cant unbrick my phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 sorry to tell you that theres no other way around to fix your G2 but to send it to the HOSPITAL.