5,815,061 Members 37,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 downgrade to JB with custom recovery?

Tip us?

mss1988
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] LG G2 downgrade to JB with custom recovery?

Hi all,

I recently bought LG G2 d802. 2nd day I installed GloudyG3 rom. Everything was fine except the VOIP applications (Skype, Viber...). Voice communication using these apps was impossible (see LG G2 KitKat VOIP/Skype bug).
I wanted to revert to stock. I saw the guide to revert to stock using LG Flash tool. I've done that step by step but program stucked, and I bricked my phone. There was no download mode, no recovery mode, no nothing. There was however qhsusb_bulk recovery option. I tried to fix the phone using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142, but after that I got no recovery and lost this way of recovery too.

After I replace the phone I want to revert to Jelly Bean because I really need VOIP apps (Skype, Viber, etc...).
Is there a way to flash Jelly Bean rom (stock or custom) using custom recovery? After all of this I am REALLY afraid to use LG Flash tool again.
By the way is it possible to do all rom manipulation using custom recovery and never use LG Flash tool* As the user who wants to use rooted phone I don't want to install OTA updates either.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

mohamaadhosein
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss1988 View Post
Hi all,

I recently bought LG G2 d802. 2nd day I installed GloudyG3 rom. Everything was fine except the VOIP applications (Skype, Viber...). Voice communication using these apps was impossible (see LG G2 KitKat VOIP/Skype bug).
I wanted to revert to stock. I saw the guide to revert to stock using LG Flash tool. I've done that step by step but program stucked, and I bricked my phone. There was no download mode, no recovery mode, no nothing. There was however qhsusb_bulk recovery option. I tried to fix the phone using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142, but after that I got no recovery and lost this way of recovery too.

After I replace the phone I want to revert to Jelly Bean because I really need VOIP apps (Skype, Viber, etc...).
Is there a way to flash Jelly Bean rom (stock or custom) using custom recovery? After all of this I am REALLY afraid to use LG Flash tool again.
By the way is it possible to do all rom manipulation using custom recovery and never use LG Flash tool* As the user who wants to use rooted phone I don't want to install OTA updates either.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
there is nothing wrong with lg flash tool it was youre mistake.you can find a jb kdz package and flash it using lg flash tool