Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 Stock Firmware

Tip us?

tracyr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 Stock Firmware

I have a rooted Verizon LG G2 (VS 980) that I would like to put stock firmware on. I dont want Verizon's version because I dont like the way they tampered with a few of the apps. I've seen the posts about going back to stock but they all seem to point you to use your carrier's version. Does anyone know where I can find the method to use LG's stock G2 firmware?

TechGirl90
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyr View Post
I have a rooted Verizon LG G2 (VS 980) that I would like to put stock firmware on. I dont want Verizon's version because I dont like the way they tampered with a few of the apps. I've seen the posts about going back to stock but they all seem to point you to use your carrier's version. Does anyone know where I can find the method to use LG's stock G2 firmware?
Hello,[emoji4] , you can't use no other version of your device, but the Verizon Variant, because if you do so, you'll brick your device because the International Unlocked model and the Verizon Model is different, and even if you did(I don't recommend) install the International Unlocked Model, you'll still need Verizon's Sim Card, and once you've inserted the Sim Card, the Carrier will still install its Bloatware.

Sent From My LS980 Running CyanogenMod Using Tapatalk

coolmen777
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quickly looked in the Verizon section of the forum and the "[ROM] XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.2.1" seems to be the most popular de-branded option which is non CM based. The cook removed the 3rd party apps, so most likely the Verizon bloat is gone. See the thread here and good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolmen777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tracyr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Messaging App

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmen777 View Post
Quickly looked in the Verizon section of the forum and the "[ROM] XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.2.1" seems to be the most popular de-branded option which is non CM based. The cook removed the 3rd party apps, so most likely the Verizon bloat is gone. See the thread here and good luck.
Is there any way to get the stock messaging app (unmodified by Verizon) or another carrier messaging app to my device? I've tried many of them I've found online and can't get one to work?

coolmen777
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyr View Post
Is there any way to get the stock messaging app (unmodified by Verizon) or another carrier messaging app to my device? I've tried many of them I've found online and can't get one to work?
Sorry, can't help you there.