Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G2 screen more yellowish than another g2 equal.

OP diogotecnico

23rd August 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
You have seen 2 identical devices with different screen quality? I have a g2 which arrived yesterday and compared it with a friend of mine who has a little more time bought, both were manufactured in Brazil and the device it is white better than mine, mine is more yellowish.

Both are D805, the only difference is that mine is gold and it's not. I use cloudy g3 and he kk 4.4.2, both were compared with the maximum brightness. I am very sad because this has happened with a optimus g I had.

Is that standard screens or is there some program that solves this? I've seen that has some programs that edit the color palette of the device type the "trickster mod" but do not know if I could resolve and I'm afraid to try.
In galaxy s3 / 4 has image mode (movie, dynamic, standard, etc.), if this unit had that could be the solution.

I took pictures for you to see the difference:

It seems silly but when we were stirring each in his cell that I compare with him quickly becomes very clear the difference.

Last edited by diogotecnico; 23rd August 2014 at 02:11 AM.
23rd August 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 41

41 posts
More
Hello there, I'm sorry to hear about this!

Can you ask for a replacement for free? I think this would be the best solution.

There is something called color calibration here in xda, you can search for it.

The problem is that some devices don't have lots of people working on it (Nexus 5 owners had a lot due to a bad calibration and a yellowish screen) but if you can't replace it I'm pretty sure you can calibrate it.

Have a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2754491

but if its possible I would ask for a new LG G2 first!

Don't forget to thank me if I've helped you!
14th November 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogotecnico

You have seen 2 identical devices with different screen quality? I have a g2 which arrived yesterday and compared it with a friend of mine who has a little more time bought, both were manufactured in Brazil and the device it is white better than mine, mine is more yellowish.

Both are D805, the only difference is that mine is gold and it's not. I use cloudy g3 and he kk 4.4.2, both were compared with the maximum brightness. I am very sad because this has happened with a optimus g I had.

Is that standard screens or is there some program that solves this? I've seen that has some programs that edit the color palette of the device type the "trickster mod" but do not know if I could resolve and I'm afraid to try.
In galaxy s3 / 4 has image mode (movie, dynamic, standard, etc.), if this unit had that could be the solution.

I took pictures for you to see the difference:

It seems silly but when we were stirring each in his cell that I compare with him quickly becomes very clear the difference.

So, did you fix that?
Last edited by Citizen88gr; 14th November 2014 at 09:53 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread