Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG G2 Wont Boot Into Recovery?

OP renold458

15th July 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

39 posts
Hello fellow G2 owners! First post here and sad enough its a question/problem, just moved from an LG Optimus G so Im sad I had to leave the other forum ): Anyhoo, my G2 since before I rooted it and installed a custom recovery would never jump into its own stock recovery. I turned the power off, held both the power button and the volume down button, waited for the LG logo, unheld the buttons then reheld them to only see the logo go away and come back. Now that I am rooted with TWRP, the only way to boot in is through a an app while in the phone. Can anyone let me know how to fix this?
16th July 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,097

4,836 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renold458

Hello fellow G2 owners! First post here and sad enough its a question/problem, just moved from an LG Optimus G so Im sad I had to leave the other forum ): Anyhoo, my G2 since before I rooted it and installed a custom recovery would never jump into its own stock recovery. I turned the power off, held both the power button and the volume down button, waited for the LG logo, unheld the buttons then reheld them to only see the logo go away and come back. Now that I am rooted with TWRP, the only way to boot in is through a an app while in the phone. Can anyone let me know how to fix this?

Its tricky, when the LG logo pops up let go and hold down down+power again. You'll get a "factory reset?" screen. Push the power button 3 times (to confirm data wipe) and it'll boot into TWRP.
16th July 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

39 posts
Yeah I figured out I had to let go and rehold once the LG logo went away and rehold on the black screen. Somehow I dont have to press power 3 times it just loads into recovery!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread