Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 Won't turn on, cannot get to download mode

Tip us?

cirkut
Old
(Last edited by cirkut; 5th August 2014 at 07:01 PM.) Reason: Update to information.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] LG G2 Won't turn on, cannot get to download mode

My AT&T LG G2 (plain D800) is rooted, and has Xposed installed on it (I'm not sure if this caused the issue or not), but here's what I'm having problems with:

I was playing a game, when all of a sudden the phone froze (no biggie, it's done it before, I've held the power button to force restart it, and it works), but the phone shut off on it's own, and would/will not turn back on.

Tge LG boot logo comes up intermittently when I hold power and volume up, but only sometimes. The phone has only twice now gotten to the AT&T logo, but freezes immediately and shuts down. I've tried literally every combination of holding buttons, for up to 70 seconds at a time, both on the charger, off the charger, and while plugging into the charger.

I cannot get to download mode, I cannot get to TWRP, and can obviously not boot into the phone. I had made no changes in weeks prior to this happening, so I can't see why or how something with my phone being rooted would cause the problem.

I've left the phone charged overnight before performing the actions (the phone won't even show battery percentage), so I don't think it's a dead battery issue. Everything I've read so far seems to say that the battery chip has died and needs to be replaced. Somehow I don't think it's the problem.

I'm fully willing to completely wipe the rom, and everything on it, as long as I can get the phone working again. However I cannot boot into download mode to use ADB or anything.

Is my phone completely bricked? Or is there a chance that the battery chip really is fried? Please help!

Update!

I left the phone charging some more, and decided to try volume up and power (while plugged in). The phone actually went into download mode for about 5 seconds before shutting off again. I tried doing the same steps, but nothing will come up again. It appears to be an issue with the battery on the device. Does anyone else think otherwise? Or will I have to send it in for a new battery? (The phone is less than a year old so I don't want to void the warranty anymore than rooting, which they wouldn't be able to tell since it won't turn on anyways).

Update Again:

I can get the phone to show the LG logo/download mode on a fairly consistent basis, sometimes showing a static screen (colored noise, not monotone), sometimes a blue screen, but it will shut off after 5-6 seconds every time.

Gilad.i
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, I do not want to announce bad but by your description it seems that did you mother board, go to the lab to make sure, I had something similar and I replaced the motherboard and my phone came on time, check if the device is still under warranty has a good chance to replace you under warranty, good luck.