Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Method for Rooting Newest ATT Build

18th March 2015, 02:26 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

223 posts
Can some of you guys point me in the direction for the best method of rooting the most recent ATT version. There seems to be a few methods and I can't quite pin down the one I should be using. I've had HTC phones in the past and rooting this phone seems to be much easier other than I'm not sure which method to use due to so many variants of the phone. I appreciate the help.
18th March 2015, 02:54 AM |#2  
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 136

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louslugger15

Can some of you guys point me in the direction for the best method of rooting the most recent ATT version. There seems to be a few methods and I can't quite pin down the one I should be using. I've had HTC phones in the past and rooting this phone seems to be much easier other than I'm not sure which method to use due to so many variants of the phone. I appreciate the help.

There are a few methods to rooting the G2. The 3 most commonly referred to ones are,

IORoot25.
TowelRoot.
StumpRoot.

IORoot is as simple as enabling USB Debugging, connecting your G2 to your PC and then running the .bat file on your computer.
TowelRoot comes in the form of an .apk which you can run on your device, essentially rooting your phone wirelessly.
StumpRoot also comes in the form of an .apk which you can run on your device.

I recommend going with IORoot25 for your AT&T D800. It has the highest and most clearly stated compatibility, and from reading user feedback here on XDA, it causes the least amount of problems (mostly related to compatibility).
Last edited by d00lz; 18th March 2015 at 03:02 AM.
18th March 2015, 02:59 AM |#3  
Flag Chitré
Thanks Meter: 8

89 posts
More
Smile
I have an AT&T Model too, and the method that worked for me was using StumpRoot
Here I leave you the download link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...Z2s&authuser=0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread