Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microphone stopped working

Tip us?

Supercareful
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Microphone stopped working

For some reason my microphone on my D801 Lg G2 stopped working. This happened completely randomly, attaching an external microphone to it does not work either. I've tried flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware onto it and upgrading to the latest firmware but no luck.

My brother has the same model G2 as me as well so I tried switching only the motherboards with his phone, turns out the mic still doesn't detect anything. I honestly don't know what else to try.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things to try/flash to get it to start working again, any advice would be helpful.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercareful View Post
For some reason my microphone on my D801 Lg G2 stopped working. This happened completely randomly, attaching an external microphone to it does not work either. I've tried flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware onto it and upgrading to the latest firmware but no luck.

My brother has the same model G2 as me as well so I tried switching only the motherboards with his phone, turns out the mic still doesn't detect anything. I honestly don't know what else to try.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things to try/flash to get it to start working again, any advice would be helpful.
if it is a hardware issue than no flashing is going to fix the problem