[Q] [Newbie Question] Details about rooting
Hello all, and please help me with some small details before rooting.
I have an LG G2 with stock KITKAT 4.4.2., baseband M8974A-1.0.190084,kernel 3.4.0., build D80220b, software D80220b-219-02.
- do I need to upgrade stock firmware to D802d or D802f before rooting, and if yes wich is more stable
- is a SIM card needed (as inserted in the phone) for rooting process
- do I need to unlock the phone before rooting since it is locked with my local carrier (TELE 2 HR)
- does a custom ROM automaticly eliminate OTA upgrade and so prevent from bricking, or it must be unchecked manualy
- when installing a custom ROM (probably Cludy G3) do I need to flash a new custom kernel or it doesent mater (probably Bruce if it is compatibile)
- how does one check for compatibility ROM - kernel, is it just simple as finding "stock ROM" - "stock kernel" in the title
- do I need to instal a new KK baseband before custom ROM since I am allready on KITKAT
- do I need to do any kind of factory reset and/or wipe before rooting or later instaling a custom ROM
Thank you very much in advance, I have been searching all over for this simple answers but couldnt find any,
Sorry if the questions are too noobish but I am afraid tostart anything before I find the answers