Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 48,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please Help!! Flashed wrong version of software!

Tip us?

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Please Help!! Flashed wrong version of software!

Hi guys. I had a 32gb G2 and i was able to root it, upgrade it to 4.4 and use it without a hitch.
Today i got another one (16gb version) and flashed a kitkat rom i had around without stopping to check if it was 16 or 32gb (i forgot they had this difference). Well, now i got phone that i cannot use (im stuck at the SIM card PIN). What happens is that the screen is erratic. i click 2 and it registers 7...i click 5 and it selects simultaneously 123 and so on. basically i cannot pass this screen to enable all the good stuff.

Is there any way i can solve this?

I have a LG G802.

Agret
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechlord View Post
Hi guys. I had a 32gb G2 and i was able to root it, upgrade it to 4.4 and use it without a hitch.
Today i got another one (16gb version) and flashed a kitkat rom i had around without stopping to check if it was 16 or 32gb (i forgot they had this difference). Well, now i got phone that i cannot use (im stuck at the SIM card PIN). What happens is that the screen is erratic. i click 2 and it registers 7...i click 5 and it selects simultaneously 123 and so on. basically i cannot pass this screen to enable all the good stuff.

Is there any way i can solve this?

I have a LG G802.
Boot without SIM card, connect to USB and transfer correct ROM. Boot into recovery, flash proper ROM. If you can't boot without SIM card you can probably use adb push to just push the ROM onto the sdcard and then reboot to recovery + flash.

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agret View Post
Boot without SIM card, connect to USB and transfer correct ROM. Boot into recovery, flash proper ROM. If you can't boot without SIM card you can probably use adb push to just push the ROM onto the sdcard and then reboot to recovery + flash.
Ok. will implement & report

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
My problems just keep getting worse.

Since i wanted to go full stock i ended up downloading a kdz file a nd followed the tutorial on http://unbrick.itcse.com/unbrick-soft-bricked-lg-g2/

well...that didnt work. the process initiated and somewhere along the way the app stopped, and the only thing i could undestand was a "EMERGENCY something". After like 1hr with nothing happening, i unplugged the phone and got some corrupted partitions.

I then turned to the tutorial on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 ...but damn! i cant reboot properly. now all the phone does is boot up to the lg logo and nothing else happens. windows doesnt detect it, linux doesnt detect it and adb doesnot detect it. am actually crying now....IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SOLVE THIS?....im kinda desperate here. This is a brand new phone!

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechlord View Post
My problems just keep getting worse.

Since i wanted to go full stock i ended up downloading a kdz file a nd followed the tutorial on http://unbrick.itcse.com/unbrick-soft-bricked-lg-g2/

well...that didnt work. the process initiated and somewhere along the way the app stopped, and the only thing i could undestand was a "EMERGENCY something". After like 1hr with nothing happening, i unplugged the phone and got some corrupted partitions.

I then turned to the tutorial on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 ...but damn! i cant reboot properly. now all the phone does is boot up to the lg logo and nothing else happens. windows doesnt detect it, linux doesnt detect it and adb doesnot detect it. am actually crying now....IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SOLVE THIS?....im kinda desperate here. This is a brand new phone!
maybe i could try to mess with the partitions and this time try to install some twrp that actually works? the one in the last tutorial doesnt seem to work on my 16gb model.
Tags
16 gb sd card, flash, kit kat