No registration required

[Q] Potential water damage [Need help before service]

OP bobboviking

4th September 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
Hi,

After using my phone after a workout I'm afraid I water/moist damaged the touch screen. The screen suddenly started to make touch inputs by itself and then I turned the phone of, removed the back cover to check for any liquid. I noticed that there unfortunately were some moist behind the back cover.

So I decided to leave the phone off without the back cover to hopefully dry up for about 24 hours. But when I turned the phone on again the touch screen was totally unresponsive. So I guess the moisture broke something in the screen (from my googling I'm suspecting the digitizer).

But my question is if anyone knows or is willing to check on their working phones what color the moisture indicator (not sure if there actually are two indicators on the D802??) on LG G2 is when it's indicating water damage? I'm guessing that it is red when there has been water on it but unfortunately I couldn't find any high quality pictures on Google showing the original color of the moisture indicator and the color of a indicator that has been exposed to water.

I'm planning on giving it a try to use my factory warrenty to have the screen replaced but if the moisture indicator clearly shows that there have been water involved, I might have to reconsider

Anyhow, I would be very happy if someone is willing to upload a picture of an untouched, non water damaged, moisture indicator(s).

Of course, if someone has any tips regarding why the screen is unresponsive, you're more than welcome to share

Thanks in advance!
Andreas
Last edited by bobboviking; 11th September 2014 at 09:22 AM.
5th September 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Baja
Thanks Meter: 206

1,757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobboviking

Hi,

After using my phone after a workout I'm afraid I water/moist damaged the touch screen. The screen suddenly started to make touch inputs by itself and then I turned the phone of, removed the back cover to check for any liquid. I noticed that there unfortunately were some moist behind the back cover.

So I decided to leave the phone off without the back cover to hopefully dry up for about 24 hours. But when I turned the phone on again the touch screen was totally unresponsive. So I guess the moisture broke something in the screen (from my googling I'm suspecting the digitizer).

But my question is if anyone knows or is willing to check on their working phones what color the moisture indicator (not sure if there actually are two indicators on the D802??) on LG G2 is when it's indicating water damage? I'm guessing that it is red when there has been water on it but unfortunately I couldn't find any high quality pictures on Google showing the original color of the moisture indicator and the color of a indicator that has been exposed to water.

I'm planning on giving it a try to use my factory warrenty to have the screen replaced but if the moisture indicator clearly shows that there have been water involved, I might have to reconsider

Anyhow, I would be very happy if someone is willing to upload a picture of an untouched, non water damaged, moisture indicator(s).

Of course, if someone has any tips regarding why the screen is unresponsive, you're more than welcome to share

Thanks in advance!
Andreas

Hi, this exact scenario happened to me a few weeks ago, when I answered a call while sweating profusely. In my case I noticed that all of a sudden I could not hear the person on the other side of the call so I plugged in my headset and completed the call. The speaker grill was just a bit wet, but the screen was covered in sweat, specially so on the area that now does not work.

Then I started noticing the screen started to fail on the now common horizontal zone on the upper part of the screen only.

I have not managed to make it work since. I guess a full screen replacement is at hand... But I'm waiting to get a smartwatch, so maybe the screen will come after that, if ever.

Cheers
11th September 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
bump
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread