Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question about my needs for a G2 I am picking up tomorrow

OP Nickdroid86

2nd September 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

1,313 posts
I am looking to trade my galaxy s4 tomorrow for an unlocked at&t G2, is there anything I should look at so I don't get ripped off? Also I will be using it unlocked on T-Mobile. Is there a working Hotspot hack for unlimited hotspot?
2nd September 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,313 posts
Anyone?
2nd September 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,313 posts
Someone please answer
2nd September 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 11

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdroid86

I am looking to trade my galaxy s4 tomorrow for an unlocked at&t G2, is there anything I should look at so I don't get ripped off? Also I will be using it unlocked on T-Mobile. Is there a working Hotspot hack for unlimited hotspot?

You should check if the back buttons are okay. My friend also has a G2 and he's not that careful when pressing the back buttons (he somehow dislikes KnockOn). Check if the camera flash is working, check for dead pixels (easy way to do so is launch the camera app then cover the lens to have a black image.) And, if possible, check if the IR Blaster is working.
2nd September 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,313 posts
Thanks for the info, my main concern is a hacked hotspot working on tmobile
2nd September 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Pdanet app might work in conjunction with foxfi. At the very least it should work via blue tooth. Pdanet has 3 was to connect: hotspot, bluetooth and usb to pc.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaysun1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,313 posts
Ok cool, it is helpful thank you. Just curious if it would deduct data from my network plan rather than hotspot plan
2nd September 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #8  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 112

906 posts
This phone scratches and nicks up pretty easily. Make sure the one you buy is in mint condition and was not dropped or exposed to moisture.

Run quadrant/antutu on it before you buy. If it has high scores and doesn't overheat after you test the phone, its a keeper.

If the battery drains like crazy and the phone overheats, do not buy that one. Hold out until you find one that won't drain the battery and overheat.

Trust me....your experience with it will be MUCH better
The Following User Says Thank You to tiguy99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

1,313 posts
Thanks everyone, this can actually get deleted, the dude flaked out on me. His "gf's phone broke"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread