Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick question about flashing stock LG roms

Tip us?

Sensamic
Old
(Last edited by Sensamic; 11th July 2014 at 04:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Quick question about flashing stock LG roms

I'm about to buy a branded LG G2 and want to know if I can flash stock unbranded LG roms on it to make it completely unlocked.

Doing this would it also be possible to receive and install OTAS or would I need to flash them every time a new one is released?

It's European Vodafone branded.

Would this be a problem?

Should I buy an unlocked G2 instead of branded for easier flashing or it doesn't matter?

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sensamic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eoidfil
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi man,
Once you go root, you can't flash updates coming from LG. you will need to follow ROM updates you have installed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

LG G2 running OptimusG3 great ROM
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
I'm about to buy a branded LG G2 and want to know if I can flash stock unbranded LG roms on it to make it completely unlocked.

Doing this would it also be possible to receive and install OTAS or would I need to flash them every time a new one is released?

Thanks.
Greetings,[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] there's tons of ROMs you can flash, there's Paranoid Android, Cyanogenmod, AOKP, PAC ROM, Mahdi ROM(<----my personal favorite), SlimKat, Nameless ROM, and many more![emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android and AOKP have OTAs, here are upcoming links to these ROM.[emoji4]

Sent from my LG-LS980 running Mahdi ROM 4.4.4 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Mahdi ROM 4.4.4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48954210

Paranoid Android 4.4.4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46907369

Sent from my LG-LS980 running Mahdi ROM 4.4.4 using Tapatalk

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
What I meant was if I can flash the european unbranded firmware on my branded G2 so I can have the unbranded software (from Germany or UK).

That way I could have the latest software version of the G2 and not have to wait for my carrier to release it.

If I root the phone, I wouldn't be able to do this?

In theory, even if I root, I could also flash a kdz from an european firmware, right?

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Anyone?

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
Anyone?
Not sure about otas but every time an update comes out @LenAsh will post it in android development. That's how how I normally stay up to date.
........ The one who knocks .......................................LG D802..CM 11..Twrp 2.7