Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Replacement screen bottom 1/4th of screen unresponsive. Need help!

OP AndQuocDrew

4th September 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Hey guys so earlier this year I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. I ordered an lcd + digitizer from ebay and installed it myself. Everything had been working fine for a couple weeks but then randomly one day I woke up and the bottom 1/4th of the screen didnt work. Also, my screen is not very secure onto the device. I can peel off the lcd if I desired. I put double sided tape on all the places that a guide showed me but the screen just doesn't seem to stay in which causes dust and other particles to get in between my screen. Could this be the problem?

Some things i forgot
This started off with only a small portion of the bottom part of my screen to stop working. But then it turned into my whole bottom 1/4th of the screen not working. However, the first time this happened, I fiddle with the screen since it comes off and just moved it around and the bottom 1/4th worked again. However the problem reoccurred and I can't seem to fix it this time.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I tried to open the phone again and press down on the digitizer pins to make sure they were secure. Still didnt work
Last edited by AndQuocDrew; 4th September 2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: More info
4th September 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 660

2,258 posts
sorry for posing this as it offers no solution

but just to say i have the same situation on a nexus 5.. came compete with frame.. worked for a week then bottom 1/2 inch stopped working
5th September 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Baja
Thanks Meter: 208

1,759 posts
More
My upper 1/4th of the screen stopped working... Seems to be like a fairly common issue with the LG G2 and some cases appeared all of a sudden without drops or water, some other with a bit of liquid or slight drop to the floor.

In my case I think it was due to excessive moisture when I used the phone while sweating profusely.

A screen replacement is at hand right after I get my smartwatch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread