Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

No working rom | Backup not working | Download mode is screwed | Just got TWRP help!

OP Slashkun

19th August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,683

2,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashkun

Yup its 2.7. Should i wipe then try adb push without restoring? (ill have to wait and give it a go on my lunch break) and i have CM11 to install which i have been trying to push using adb but i either get protocol failure and the phone is restarting or it still says read-only file system. Do you think just wiping all except internal and doing a factory reset will help me get past the whole read only file system issue?

lets say adb is in c:\adb

start, cmd (you run the cmd)

cd c:\adb

(copy your rom also somewhere with short path, let's say c:\adb\rom.zip)

adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip

or

adb push c:\adb\rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip

adb sideload doesn't have to be enabled
19th August 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

lets say adb is in c:\adb

start, cmd (you run the cmd)

cd c:\adb

(copy your rom also somewhere with short path, let's say c:\adb\rom.zip)

adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip

or

adb push c:\adb\rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip

adb sideload doesn't have to be enabled

Thanks for your continued assistance, however its still showing up as as a read only file system in cmd and thus it cannot copy. Do you have any other ideas? I have tried adb remount and it is still coming up with the read only error
19th August 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 1,387

1,308 posts
More
The only thing i can think of is to use an microsdreader like meenova and put a rom on the microsd and put it in your phone but i dont know or your twrp supports otg.
19th August 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #14  

2,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your continued assistance, however its still showing up as as a read only file system in cmd and thus it cannot copy. Do you have any other ideas? I have tried adb remount and it is still coming up with the read only error

Let me try to assist you when I get home.
19th August 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

Let me try to assist you when I get home.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to help me, this is way above my comfort zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic

The only thing i can think of is to use an microsdreader like meenova and put a rom on the microsd and put it in your phone but i dont know or your twrp supports otg.

I have an OTG cable and it is there as an option under TWRP and i tried putting the roms on my 32gb stick and plugged it into the phone using the OTG cable however when i clicked mount OTG it just stalled for a bit and the option was never ticked, also looking through file manager when the cable was connected i did not see anything or the blue light on my usb stick illuminate. If i was doing it wrong please let me know though
19th August 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #16  

2,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks so much for taking the time out to help me, this is way above my comfort zone

I have an OTG cable and it is there as an option under TWRP and i tried putting the roms on my 32gb stick and plugged it into the phone using the OTG cable however when i clicked mount OTG it just stalled for a bit and the option was never ticked, also looking through file manager when the cable was connected i did not see anything or the blue light on my usb stick illuminate. If i was doing it wrong please let me know though

-p m

@usb - try formatting it through windows once again. I've also had some issues with my usb stick.
19th August 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Just thought i would throw out and update to see if it helps you guys troubleshoot.

After doing an advanced wipe when i use the power off through TWRP it mentioned that i have no SU installed and asks me if i wish to install it. I click yes and it does something quickly then my phone restarts (so not sure if it worked or not) however every time i try and do and adb push to my device now it just comes up with protocol failure and restarts the phone. Just to note when i do a restore to the non-working backup i have when i try and turn it off using that it does not prompt that i do not have SU.

So i hope this helps in some way, nut sure if getting these protocol failure errors is better then the read only errors i was getting but the fact that it keeps restarting my phone does not seem promising when i do this.
20th August 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 1,387

1,308 posts
More
Quote:

Just thought i would throw out and update to see if it helps you guys troubleshoot.

After doing an advanced wipe when i use the power off through TWRP it mentioned that i have no SU installed and asks me if i wish to install it. I click yes and it does something quickly then my phone restarts (so not sure if it worked or not) however every time i try and do and adb push to my device now it just comes up with protocol failure and restarts the phone. Just to note when i do a restore to the non-working backup i have when i try and turn it off using that it does not prompt that i do not have SU.

So i hope this helps in some way, nut sure if getting these protocol failure errors is better then the read only errors i was getting but the fact that it keeps restarting my phone does not seem promising when i do this.

Well i guess you now have SU but the best thing to do is try to update the SU.
Try to Enable Usb debugging if it wasn't on yet. (I never had your error)

And also try to execute this when pushing a rom:
Code:
adb /kill-server
adb usb
adb push (romname) /sdcard

Or

adb push (romname)  /storage/sdcard0
I don't know really about the last part anymore with adb pushing or these sdcard locations I said are right. The last time I used it was when i still had my phone :/
I hope this could fix your problem when you maybe accidently formatted your internal storage. If my sdcard locations aren't right could you correct me then? so people who also have this issue can fix it easily.
Thankyou
Last edited by wulsic; 20th August 2014 at 09:46 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread