[Q] Root & Roms

Search This thread

Zzk2009

Jul 26, 2014
I'm coming from an iPhone to the D802 so I hope you can understand my unfamiliarity and obliviousness. The root equivalent (jailbreak) is child's play compared to this.

I want to install the Optimus g3 rom on my lg g2 as it seems clean and seems to rid of a lot of bloat.
My g2 is pretty new. After I have rooted it using some of the tutorials on here and install TWRP recovery (those two things seems simple enough, hard to make a mistake thereI do I just download and flash the rom through TWRP? It says something about the kit Kat baseband do I have to install that? If so, why and what is it? I am on 4.4.2 kit Kat already.

The dreaded questions:
I know all this will void warranty, if I need to take it for repair, what steps can I take?
Is there a true way of completely going back to 100% out of the box stock?

As I have mentioned I am coming from an iPhone and restoring to stock is really simple over there.

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
I'm coming from an iPhone to the D802 so I hope you can understand my unfamiliarity and obliviousness. The root equivalent (jailbreak) is child's play compared to this.

I want to install the Optimus g3 rom on my lg g2 as it seems clean and seems to rid of a lot of bloat.
My g2 is pretty new. After I have rooted it using some of the tutorials on here and install TWRP recovery (those two things seems simple enough, hard to make a mistake thereI do I just download and flash the rom through TWRP? It says something about the kit Kat baseband do I have to install that? If so, why and what is it? I am on 4.4.2 kit Kat already.

The dreaded questions:
I know all this will void warranty, if I need to take it for repair, what steps can I take?
Is there a true way of completely going back to 100% out of the box stock?

As I have mentioned I am coming from an iPhone and restoring to stock is really simple over there.

If you were on the latest ota, no need for the kk baseband... Ya just download a Rom of your choosing (you seem smart enough to choose correct device model :p) then enter twrp and wipe everything except internal storage. Flash the Rom that you want and reboot. Wait 5 minutes for it to settle in. LG flash tools is the way to return to stock... Either that or sideloading the STOCK tot file...

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Zzk2009

Jul 26, 2014
If you were on the latest ota, no need for the kk baseband... Ya just download a Rom of your choosing (you seem smart enough to choose correct device model :p) then enter twrp and wipe everything except internal storage. Flash the Rom that you want and reboot. Wait 5 minutes for it to settle in. LG flash tools is the way to return to stock... Either that or sideloading the STOCK tot file...

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

So AFTER I flash the G3 Rom, I wipe everything? Not BEFORE flashing?

The steps say:
* Root Your Device Here
* Flash Custom Recovery Here, A Tool To Do That
* Full Wipe (Wipe Date/Factory Rest, Wipe Cache, System, Data)
* Install The Rom
* Install KK Baseband (IF You Already Flash it Then No Need To Flash It Again)

Also, after using the LG flash tools to restore, will I be fully out of the box stock without a trace?

Last edited: