Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root & Roms

OP Zzk2009

26th July 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
I'm coming from an iPhone to the D802 so I hope you can understand my unfamiliarity and obliviousness. The root equivalent (jailbreak) is child's play compared to this.

I want to install the Optimus g3 rom on my lg g2 as it seems clean and seems to rid of a lot of bloat.
My g2 is pretty new. After I have rooted it using some of the tutorials on here and install TWRP recovery (those two things seems simple enough, hard to make a mistake thereI do I just download and flash the rom through TWRP? It says something about the kit Kat baseband do I have to install that? If so, why and what is it? I am on 4.4.2 kit Kat already.

The dreaded questions:
I know all this will void warranty, if I need to take it for repair, what steps can I take?
Is there a true way of completely going back to 100% out of the box stock?

As I have mentioned I am coming from an iPhone and restoring to stock is really simple over there.
29th July 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
29th July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 91

275 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzk2009

I'm coming from an iPhone to the D802 so I hope you can understand my unfamiliarity and obliviousness. The root equivalent (jailbreak) is child's play compared to this.

I want to install the Optimus g3 rom on my lg g2 as it seems clean and seems to rid of a lot of bloat.
My g2 is pretty new. After I have rooted it using some of the tutorials on here and install TWRP recovery (those two things seems simple enough, hard to make a mistake thereI do I just download and flash the rom through TWRP? It says something about the kit Kat baseband do I have to install that? If so, why and what is it? I am on 4.4.2 kit Kat already.

The dreaded questions:
I know all this will void warranty, if I need to take it for repair, what steps can I take?
Is there a true way of completely going back to 100% out of the box stock?

As I have mentioned I am coming from an iPhone and restoring to stock is really simple over there.

If you were on the latest ota, no need for the kk baseband... Ya just download a Rom of your choosing (you seem smart enough to choose correct device model :P) then enter twrp and wipe everything except internal storage. Flash the Rom that you want and reboot. Wait 5 minutes for it to settle in. LG flash tools is the way to return to stock... Either that or sideloading the STOCK tot file...

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
30th July 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 75

623 posts
More
Oh and always make a backup the one time you don't you will regret it
31st July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigglenuts

If you were on the latest ota, no need for the kk baseband... Ya just download a Rom of your choosing (you seem smart enough to choose correct device model :P) then enter twrp and wipe everything except internal storage. Flash the Rom that you want and reboot. Wait 5 minutes for it to settle in. LG flash tools is the way to return to stock... Either that or sideloading the STOCK tot file...

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

So AFTER I flash the G3 Rom, I wipe everything? Not BEFORE flashing?

The steps say:
* Root Your Device Here
* Flash Custom Recovery Here, A Tool To Do That
* Full Wipe (Wipe Date/Factory Rest, Wipe Cache, System, Data)
* Install The Rom
* Install KK Baseband (IF You Already Flash it Then No Need To Flash It Again)

Also, after using the LG flash tools to restore, will I be fully out of the box stock without a trace?
Last edited by Zzk2009; 31st July 2014 at 12:22 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread