No registration required

Rooting LG G2

OP slowdyve

9th August 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56

201 posts
Hi.

Just bought this phone and i have a question based on what i've already read.
I've owned a few devices, and rooting them involved some risk. But i never seen so many threads about problems caused by rooting/ custom recoveries. For example, there is a topic with +180.000 views/ +100 pages, on the general section, about fixing the problems caused by rooting. My previous devices had this kind of topics but nowhere near 200.000 views (and some of those devices were more popular than LG G2). After reading that thread (where the solution is using linux... ) and other where people got problems on their screens after rooting (depending if they had LGD or JDI panel), i'm not sure if i'll root my 1 week device. So my question is:

Is it more dangerous to root LG G2 (D80220d-EUR KK 4.4.2) than other android devices?

Thanks
9th August 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 271

587 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdyve

Hi.

Just bought this phone and i have a question based on what i've already read.
I've owned a few devices, and rooting them involved some risk. But i never seen so many threads about problems caused by rooting/ custom recoveries. For example, there is a topic with +180.000 views/ +100 pages, on the general section, about fixing the problems caused by rooting. My previous devices had this kind of topics but nowhere near 200.000 views (and some of those devices were more popular than LG G2). After reading that thread (where the solution is using linux... ) and other where people got problems on their screens after rooting (depending if they had LGD or JDI panel), i'm not sure if i'll root my 1 week device. So my question is:

Is it more dangerous to root LG G2 (D80220d-EUR KK 4.4.2) than other android devices?

Thanks

Short answer is no, you just need to learn a bit more.
I think the thread you're referring to is about taking the ota while having a custom recovery, which a lot of people did when 4.4 came out not knowing that 4.4 is loki killer and doesn't support recovery.
If you research everything you do before you do it you wont have any of these problems especially on eur kk which is a really popular version.
Everything you need to is here on the second post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread