[Q] Screen flickering, what should I change? Screen or Motherboard?

Search This thread
Hi guys, if someone here suffered from this kind of flickering >>VIDEO LINK.
How do you managed to fix it? What part did you change, the screen or the motherboard? Thanks. Really need some help. My phone now is unusable. :(

]]]]]] UPDATE 1[[[[[[[
Hi guys, just got my G2 back from the dead.

I send my G2 to a phone care in the city and they said my lcd is the problem, they changed the lcd+digitizer (the whole half of my G2 )and now the problem is gone. But When I got home I noticed vertical lines on my G2 when it is turned off, not really noticeable but if you look closely you can see the vertical lines and thinking that they change it with a low quality LCD. Even in white backgrounds you can see the lines but only if you have a clear eyes :D . I compared it to the original LCD and I don't see any vertical lines at all, it's all black. But the frame of the new lcd is solid like the original. So, in the future, will this new LCD survive or should I go the phone care again? Thanks!

***********UPDATE 2************
[UPDATE]

I think my G2 is working now after playing games for hours in 5 days, no flickering/stuttering/jittering noticed.

But, my IMEI was change and it was rooted jellybean when they give it to me. I don't know if they change the motherboard or the whole phone except for the body case and the new screen i purchased. I asked them about the changes of the phone because it's my second time returning the phone and the women on the counter said their tech just adjust something. I don't believe that, and then I saw the IMEI changed. I didn't ask why my IMEI was change, i'll wait til something goes wrong on my G2 and sue them. LOL.

I have some questions regarding this.
1) I'm not really sure if how an IMEI was change, is it for changing the motherboard?
2) Is it legal that they don't tell me what they change on my phone?

For now my G2 is still alive and no problem after upgrading to lollipop + root + twrp. Hope it goes all well now.

Last edited:

OverClockeD_GR

Apr 10, 2013
Athens
Hi guys, if someone here suffered from this kind of flickering >>VIDEO LINK.
How do you managed to fix it? What part did you change, the screen or the motherboard? Thanks. Really need some help. My phone now is unusable. :(
i went to lg service and they changed some filters on motherboard in 2 hours filter,EMI/Power 2 quantity i read on the paper. i was on warranty..

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
That looks crazy, it definitely would be a motherboard issue, or, I had a simliar issue while repairing them (I've re-sold about 20 of them) the flex ribbon sometimes gets dirty, or out of place(the one on the bottom under the speaker). You have to remove the back, then remove the speaker(6 screws I believe on the bottom, it;s an L shape). Once you do that, make sure the square flex cable is connected well, and there is nothing touching the circuit right under it(It has a plastic tape to keep it from touching).

The connector I'm referring to is right next to the USB one on the flex. For obvious reasons I got the image from ETrade supply. You can clean the connectors with 91% or higher alcohol, DO NOT use anything less.

Attachments

• oem_lg_g2_d800_charging_port_flex_cable_ribbon_with_earphone_jack_1_.jpg
    oem_lg_g2_d800_charging_port_flex_cable_ribbon_with_earphone_jack_1_.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,915
That looks crazy, it definitely would be a motherboard issue, or, I had a simliar issue while repairing them (I've re-sold about 20 of them) the flex ribbon sometimes gets dirty, or out of place(the one on the bottom under the speaker). You have to remove the back, then remove the speaker(6 screws I believe on the bottom, it;s an L shape). Once you do that, make sure the square flex cable is connected well, and there is nothing touching the circuit right under it(It has a plastic tape to keep it from touching).

The connector I'm referring to is right next to the USB one on the flex. For obvious reasons I got the image from ETrade supply. You can clean the connectors with 91% or higher alcohol, DO NOT use anything less.

Ok, thanks for the tip. Will try to clean it tom and update here. Do you think smoking in front of the phone makes it dirty?

OverClockeD_GR

Apr 10, 2013
Athens
they told me that it may happen cause of heat..and its common issue
dunno really happened to me after i flashed some loli roms.... and ye im sure they will fix but they will ask 100euro+ for sure.....
imagine even the girl that works there told me her screen starts doing it ..

Last edited:

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago

Boom!!!!!

What he said :)

Reactions: coowkeee

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
Now, I'll definitely try it. Watching some disassemble videos now. Hope it works. :angel: :angel: :angel:

When you replace your lcd they always tell you to make sure you have both connectors securely in place above the usb connector. One of them is the ground connection to your LCD!

Make sure both are fastened correctly and test before you seal your phone back together.

Keep us posted

When you replace your lcd they always tell you to make sure you have both connectors securely in place above the usb connector. One of them is the ground connection to your LCD!

Make sure both are fastened correctly and test before you seal your phone back together.

Keep us posted

Cleaned all the connectors and securely placed it well, but nothing happens. I think it really needs a change parts. :(

Thank you anyway.

they told me that it may happen cause of heat..and its common issue
dunno really happened to me after i flashed some loli roms.... and ye im sure they will fix but they will ask 100euro+ for sure.....
imagine even the girl that works there told me her screen starts doing it ..

I think we have the same cause of the problem. :/ First I have the yellow spots then this happens. :/

Will go to service center after I worked for cash, lol.

Please keep us posted on the results after you get the new screen.
Share your thoughts on this thread

http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/help/screen-flickering-change-screen-t3069110

Hi guys, just got my G2 back from the dead.

I send my G2 to a phone care in the city and they said my lcd is the problem, they changed the lcd+digitizer (the whole half of my G2 )and now the problem is gone. But When I got home I noticed vertical lines on my G2 when it is turned off, not really noticeable but if you look closely you can see the vertical lines and thinking that they change it with a low quality LCD. Even in white backgrounds you can see the lines but only if you have a clear eyes :D . I compared it to the original LCD and I don't see any vertical lines at all, it's all black. But the frame of the new lcd is solid like the original. So, in the future, will this new LCD survive or should I go the phone care again? Thanks!

I hope someone here share their experience on their 2nd LCD. Thanks!

:crying: :crying: :crying:
[UPDATE]
After few days of youtube and playing games, my phone started stuttering/flickering again like on my first post -_-

I paid for the new LCD that they change, should I pay another bucks for the motherboard problem? or they'll give me a refund for the new LCD I bought that didn't fix my problem? Please someone reply me asap. Thanks

heocoi22

May 30, 2012
This error is on mainboard. Fix it is very simple. I has lot about 10$ for this solution.sorry bbecause my english's bad.

[UPDATE]

I think my G2 is working now after playing games for hours in 5 days, no flickering/stuttering/jittering noticed.

But, my IMEI was change and it was rooted jellybean when they give it to me. I don't know if they change the motherboard or the whole phone except for the body case and the new screen i purchased. I asked them about the changes of the phone because it's my second time returning the phone and the women on the counter said their tech just adjust something. I don't believe that, and then I saw the IMEI changed. I didn't ask why my IMEI was change, i'll wait til something goes wrong on my G2 and sue them. LOL.

I have some questions regarding this.
1) I'm not really sure if how an IMEI was change, is it for changing the motherboard?
2) Is it legal that they don't tell me what they change on my phone?

For now my G2 is still alive and no problem after upgrading to lollipop + root + twrp. Hope it goes all well now.

Benz83

Account currently disabled
Aug 9, 2012
Usa
Hi guys, i have a similar problem. I bought a new lcd on aliexpress.....that is the video of the problem....

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/glzqihgdzz12jsj/Lgg2_lcd.mp4

The strange thing is , not in every operation make the same problem. after days i see that problem usually on facebook and a lot on clash of clans :(.

I make also a screenshot on the clash of clans and when i open the picture the screen flickering .....

its like when the phone show some combination of color make this problem

slippets

Jan 27, 2016
My Lg PRO 2 Phablet did the same from first turn on, flickering on and off, very dissapointed as i had mine direct from Hong Kong and couldnt send it back. What i did was to tak all of the screws out and take the plastic back off, then re fitted the back only, no screws and turned on, no more flickering. Then i put a couple of screws in and tried again, still no flicker, then after a couple of more screws by the sim socket it started to flicker again! Now i just run the phone minus a few screws, it must be a pressure thing!

noabib

Oct 2, 2018
Hi, i have exactly the same problem, specially in combination of colors (green red and blue most of the time). how did you manage to fix your phone ? did you change the mainboard ? thanks for your help.

noabib

Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys, i have a similar problem. I bought a new lcd on aliexpress.....that is the video of the problem....

The strange thing is , not in every operation make the same problem. after days i see that problem usually on facebook and a lot on clash of clans :(.

I make also a screenshot on the clash of clans and when i open the picture the screen flickering .....

its like when the phone show some combination of color make this problem

Hi, i watched your video, and i have exactly the same problem, specially in combination of colors (green red and blue most of the time). how did you manage to fix your phone ? did you change the mainboard ? thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Boom!!!!!

What he said :)