[Q] Screen won't turn on

OP hxc_pokecore

14th August 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
I was at Tafe today and I was just browsing through G+ with the phone flat on the desk and the screen turned off. I pressed the power button expecting it to switch back on but since then it hasn't turned on. It was on 90% but I've tried charging it and it still won't turn on. It turns on and off (i can tell by the notification LED) and when it's on it still rings when someone calls, but the screen just won't turn. There's no backlight either.

I've tried holding the power button for 5 and 10 seconds, and a minute, and still nothing. What else can I try?
15th August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

55 posts
Would reflashing be worth a try? Or is that even possible without a screen?
16th August 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
It may be bricked softwared.don't know know.but it looks like your software messed up,and there is easy way to reflash it without touchscreen,just look around in google by typing " LG G2 D8XX kdz flash procedure,download same software and reflash it by puttin phone to download mode(combination of the keys)
18th August 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

110 posts
are you the original owner of this phone? or have you replaced the lcd assembly before? its possible the ribbon cable is not seated correctly. but if youre the original owner, and you have never opened it, im guessing your LCD just went out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
black, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread