[Q] Snowy static screen

Search This thread

kspanks04

Jan 13, 2014
I cracked my screen several months ago and sent it to LG for repair. I paid $160 to have the phone fully repaired (there were other scratches and cosmetic issues I needed repaired).
I've had the new or repaired (not sure which) phone for a couple months. I noticed that touch response was delayed in games but didn't think much of it. A few days ago, I was playing a game when the screen kept freezing up and eventually become distorted and turned pixelated, like the static snow screen from old tvs.

I tried doing a factory reset, but without a working screen I wasn't able to do it. The tech support I was chatting with said it would be covered under warranty.
I sent the phone in to LG. I just got the report back from the technician and it said the exact same wording as the first time I sent my phone in. Cosmetic damage, phone needs full refurb, not covered under warranty. Same exact cost for repair.
So I called and asked for a picture of the damage since I knew it had none (phone was in a case and never dropped). She sent me a picture of my cracked phone from the first time I sent it in. I explained this was an old picture from the first repair and she apologized and said she didn't have a new picture to show me. So they are sending my phone back to me, unrepaired.
I'm wondering if there is anything I can try to do to fix this myself without voiding my warranty.
I'm also curious if anyone has any opinions on what I should do if I get my phone back and don't find any cosmetic damage myself. Should I take pictures and try sending it back in to LG, hoping for a different outcome?