(sprint) cloudy g3 1.3 data fix

Search This thread

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
To Fix the data on the cloudy G3 rom on the Sprint LG G2 (ls980) do the following

This is the first time ive done a tutorial on XDA if there are any questions feel free to ask dont be a douche and if i have helped you please click thanks​

I am assuming that you already have cloudy g3 up and running if not STOP and go install it -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783192

Okay Cloudy G3 is now installed on your G2 first you will notice that there is a line going through the data toggle on notification pull down we will get rid of that first by doing a build prop edit:

The easiest way to to a build prop edit is to download rom tool box lite from play store (http://tinyurl.com/9reyx24) after you have rom tool box lite you are going to open it and swipe one screen to the right you will now be under performance overview click on build prop editor click the search bar and search for these 3 build props and change them accordingly after the first one it will ask you if you want to reboot click dont ask again then no

ro.carrier=spr (NOT SPR)
ro.build.target_operator=spr (NOT SPR)
persist.service.crash.enable=1

REBOOT DEVICE NOW

Now when you pull down notification panel you will be able to turn data on and off....

28jl9x3.png

Now mobile networks is still greyed out?

2mo86c1.png

to work around this we will need an app called Tellinfo it is found in playstore (http://tinyurl.com/o3e8s3q)

go down to preffered network type and select "wcdma prefered"

cb01776e38a847d87a6a2f8676836a2d.jpg

this will allow network to become active

ofq48z.png

now you may change any of the settings that you need to in mobile networks
e0aaab1a6fb88481235227d870591627.jpg

then go back into tellinfo and change preffered network to lte/cdma/evdo or lte/cdma/evdo/gsm/wcdma which ever one work best for the area you reside in i use the longer one. you will know which one is working because gsm service will read "in service" if it doesnt work it will say emergency calls only
bbeda3e2ffc66f16a0387e28981f1279.jpg

fd15d5de75555a0933888c1705ecec96.jpg

WHEN YOU CHANGE BACK FROM WCDMA PREFERED THE BUTTON WILL GO GREY AGAIN THAT IS OKAY DONT WORRY ABOUT IT AND IF YOU TURN OFF OR RESTART YOUR DEVICE GO INTO TELLINFO AND RE SELECT YOUR PREFERD NETWORK BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON IT DOESNT STICK IM NOT SURE WHY ---SO I DOWNLOADED RADIO SWITCHER FROM PLAYSTORE AND WAS ABLE TO REBOOT WITHOUT HAVING TO GO INTO TELLINFO DONT KNOW IF IT WAS COINCIDENCE OR NOT WORTH A TRY MAYBE

ALSO IF YOU GO INTO SOFTWARE INFORMATION AND IT SHOWS BASEBAND UNKNOWN THAT DOESNT MATTER EITHER

kdahzb.png

Discovered by @lurtis
If you get g2 tweak box you can fix the signal icon mess - - - - - > https://play.google.com/store/search?q=g2 tweaksbox&c=apps&hl=en

If this has helped you in any way please click the like button

Last edited:

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Phones charging now....gonna flash cloudyg3 when its done and give this a shot. Thanks so much for making this write up!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Yaya man. Workin good here. Using that telinfo app takes away my stupid gsm indicator 2! You rock!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Thanks dont know if it was a coincidence but i was looking through some old apps i have and. I have one called radio switcher from playstore u used it instead of tellinfo restarted and it didnt break signal maybe its a better app

✨Tapatalked from a Cloudy G3.
"hit thanks if ive helped" ?✨

Reactions: lurtis

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
Entering *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer brings up the same menu. No need for an app.

Good of you to make this thread for everyone on LS980 to easily find the info.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4thehalibit

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Entering *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer brings up the same menu. No need for an app.

Good of you to make this thread for everyone on LS980 to easily find the info.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I feel app is more convenient than remembering a string of numbers especially for a noob

✨Tapatalked from a Cloudy G3.
"hit thanks if ive helped" ?✨

Reactions: timnolte

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Now if stock messenger worked....and smart notice. :D

abced123

Jun 18, 2007
does this bug only affect the stock KK LS980 (ZVC, etc. ) ? I flashed and still using CloudyG3 1.2 from JB (ZV8) and has no problem with data enable at all .
The only thing I notice is battery consumption for idle last around 7,8 days instead of 10+ days ...but i dont care since I charge daily.

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
does this bug only affect the stock KK LS980 (ZVC, etc. ) ? I flashed and still using CloudyG3 1.2 from JB (ZV8) and has no problem with data enable at all .
The only thing I notice is battery consumption for idle last around 7,8 days instead of 10+ days ...but i dont care since I charge daily.
Not sure I didn't have data on either 1.3 or 1.2

Sent from my Liquid G2

3rdcoasttx

Feb 27, 2012
still not able to get data working. I applied the buildprop edit, and instead of 3g icon, i have what looks like a 'N' with two lines on the slant.. any suggestions?

Reactions: fantomaster

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
there are ls980's running flawlessly on cg3 2.0 they factory wiped and wiped everything BUT SYSTEM the sprint variant is a very finicky system and 100% clean install is the best way to go

Sent from my modded Windows 8.1 beast

3rdcoasttx

Feb 27, 2012
there are ls980's running flawlessly on cg3 2.0 they factory wiped and wiped everything BUT SYSTEM the sprint variant is a very finicky system and 100% clean install is the best way to go

Sent from my modded Windows 8.1 beast

it was clean flash and all.. its also a flashed sprint to cricket phone.. and i fixed it.. just being dumb tonight.. forget the apn.......yea..... thanks though for the replies and suggestions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Fix the data on the cloudy G3 rom on the Sprint LG G2 (ls980) do the following

This is the first time ive done a tutorial on XDA if there are any questions feel free to ask dont be a douche and if i have helped you please click thanks​

I am assuming that you already have cloudy g3 up and running if not STOP and go install it -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783192

Okay Cloudy G3 is now installed on your G2 first you will notice that there is a line going through the data toggle on notification pull down we will get rid of that first by doing a build prop edit:

The easiest way to to a build prop edit is to download rom tool box lite from play store (http://tinyurl.com/9reyx24) after you have rom tool box lite you are going to open it and swipe one screen to the right you will now be under performance overview click on build prop editor click the search bar and search for these 3 build props and change them accordingly after the first one it will ask you if you want to reboot click dont ask again then no

ro.carrier=spr (NOT SPR)

REBOOT DEVICE NOW

Now when you pull down notification panel you will be able to turn data on and off....

28jl9x3.png

Now mobile networks is still greyed out?

2mo86c1.png

to work around this we will need an app called Tellinfo it is found in playstore (http://tinyurl.com/o3e8s3q)

go down to preffered network type and select "wcdma prefered"

cb01776e38a847d87a6a2f8676836a2d.jpg

this will allow network to become active

ofq48z.png

now you may change any of the settings that you need to in mobile networks
    e0aaab1a6fb88481235227d870591627.jpg

then go back into tellinfo and change preffered network to lte/cdma/evdo or lte/cdma/evdo/gsm/wcdma which ever one work best for the area you reside in i use the longer one. you will know which one is working because gsm service will read "in service" if it doesnt work it will say emergency calls only
    bbeda3e2ffc66f16a0387e28981f1279.jpg

fd15d5de75555a0933888c1705ecec96.jpg

WHEN YOU CHANGE BACK FROM WCDMA PREFERED THE BUTTON WILL GO GREY AGAIN THAT IS OKAY DONT WORRY ABOUT IT AND IF YOU TURN OFF OR RESTART YOUR DEVICE GO INTO TELLINFO AND RE SELECT YOUR PREFERD NETWORK BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON IT DOESNT STICK IM NOT SURE WHY ---SO I DOWNLOADED RADIO SWITCHER FROM PLAYSTORE AND WAS ABLE TO REBOOT WITHOUT HAVING TO GO INTO TELLINFO DONT KNOW IF IT WAS COINCIDENCE OR NOT WORTH A TRY MAYBE

ALSO IF YOU GO INTO SOFTWARE INFORMATION AND IT SHOWS BASEBAND UNKNOWN THAT DOESNT MATTER EITHER

kdahzb.png

Discovered by @lurtis
    If you get g2 tweak box you can fix the signal icon mess - - - - - > https://play.google.com/store/search?q=g2 tweaksbox&c=apps&hl=en

If this has helped you in any way please click the like button
    So your telling me you have a working g3 rom outta the box thats not heard of I flashed from stock and still had to create this forum

I never said I flashed this ROM and it was all peachy. It says right in the OP you have to do some work to get it working on Sprint as its an international GSM base and Sprint has a US CDMA base. Of freaking course it's not gonna work from first boot. No. What I AM saying is IT DOES work if you just do a little reading in the data fix thread and use just a bit of common sense. If you don't want to or can't deal with making some mods, you should probably close your XDA account and buy an iPhone. That way everything is nice and neat and easy for you.

Sent from my LS990 using Tapatalk Pro.
    LS980 Everything fixed after messing with the build.prop

Hello, Today I decided to mess with the build.prop on my sprint LS980 so I found the ZVD system dump and started changing values. After doing that I noticed something I didn't expect, The stock SMS app started working and I could access the mobile networks settings without having to change the network settings. I'm not sure exactly what I changed to make everything work, but I felt the need to inform all of you that it is possible. I made a copy of my current build.prop and put it on my google drive for you guys to download and check out for yourselves. While editing I made a special effort to focus on things like carrier settings and pretty much anything that had to do with cellular network connectivity. The only thing I have not been able to get is the sprint spark logo in the status bar. Fell free to check out the build.prop from the link bellow and as always I'm not responsible for any bricked devices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBb05a3m_56bjNKZ2Z4dlVCMlE/view?usp=sharing

ro.carrier=spr (NOT SPR)

REBOOT DEVICE NOW

Great job on the tutorial. Editing my build.prop significantly helped with the data speed and getting the data active in the drop down was very helpful as well.
    I followed all the steps and I think everything is working but in the notification panel it says LTE and GSM then it has the signal bars next to that. is it supposed to be like that? I don't get LTE signal where I'm at so I can't check that right now.

If you get the donate version of g2 tweaksbox you can change the signal icons and it stops that double signal icon mess. I think its like a dollar. But you have to have xposed framework