TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q&A] [ROOT] Root your G2 [ATT|VZW|TMO|KT|RGS|BELL|TELUS|OPEN] [Yay!]

OP QA Bot

QA Bot
17th October 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [ROOT] Root your G2 [ATT|VZW|TMO|KT|RGS|BELL|TELUS|OPEN] [Yay!]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:
17th October 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  

2 posts
ioroot25r1 is working with d802 v20g
18th October 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #3  

0 posts
I couldn't root my device with this ioroot
Hey,

I couldn't root my LG G2, it says operation not permitted.

Lg-G2 D800 currently running Kitkat.

Thank you
19th October 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #4  

0 posts
THANKS!!
Thank you very much, I was trying to root my LG G2 D805 and I've been getting the error that ioroot closes very fast, i managed to get a screenshot and was because I had bluestacks installed!
I uninstalled it and it worked!
F
Last edited by alatorregtn; 24th October 2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: they said no thanks posts
23rd October 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #5  

0 posts
plz help me
i just did the root method. and didnt follow the whole instruction, and i pressed enter on the adb shell befor it finished and my device stuck on some kind of android symbol.. with cubes that moving... i tried to do the unbrick/ back to stock method and after the procces has been finished. it came back to the android with the cubes symbol...
plz help me i dont know what to do and i cannot find any guide in the internet for this...
i have lg d802 version 32gb

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

plz help me
i just did the root method. and didnt follow the whole instruction, and i pressed enter on the adb shell befor it finished and my device stuck on some kind of android symbol.. with cubes that moving... i tried to do the unbrick/ back to stock method and after the procces has been finished. it came back to the android with the cubes symbol...
plz help me i dont know what to do and i cannot find any guide in the internet for this...
i have lg d802 version 32gb
28th October 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #6  

2 posts
More
Hi, I think Im posting in the right place,
Heres my issue/problem, Ive finaly been able to root my LG G2 international version D802 after trying several times, with ioroot25, ive studied rooting terminology and believe I have a rudimentary understanding of the process but the after you root your phone process is still confusing me, as in root checker says i have root now but now i must install a recovery such as cwm recovery this is where i get apprehensive with what im seeing on my phone, ive found cwm recovery for 4.0 but not for 4.4.2 which is what i have. Can someone make sence of this for me and explain (in layman's terms) what i need to do now. Thank you

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
13th November 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #7  

1 posts
Anyone else with 26A on Verizon using Stump Root and having the screen issues one poster mentioned after rooting?

My G2 screen died and of course the replacement came with 26A.
20th November 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #8  

0 posts
help!!!
I did everything exactly how to do it and its saying I`m rooted but I go to put adb shell and then I put in su and it says su not found need some help if can email me gomezsalvador100live.com I'd really appreciate.
22nd November 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #9  

0 posts
LG G2 T-MO Latest Update
I was unable to get ioroot to work as referenced in other threads, but bruteforce worked for me, using stump root. Thx! Super easy root.
2nd December 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #10  

2 posts
More
Not quite a noob
Grace and peace.
First off thanks to anyone for the advice and help! OK I've got a LG G2 Verizon phone and think its about time to root here soon. I'm not new to rooting just haven't done it in a while coming from the LG Optimus (BTW great phone and great DEVs) but if anyone knows anything about this phone it was able to oneclick root (super easy). Now for the little bit of noob, is there a oneclick root for the LG G2 ? If not how hard is the ADB push method? Also, after I root, or should I say is there a rooting method that already has a recovery with it? If not then what is the best recovery for this phone? So any and all advice with rooting the Verizon LG G2 form rooting methods, recoveries and ROMs is going to be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. God Bless

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread