No registration required

switching ROMs

OP rms9

22nd August 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,

I bought a AT&T LG G2 on swappa which I am using on Straight Talk and all is well except a few glitches. I haven't used a ROM'ed phone in a while since my last phone was a locked RAZR HD so forgive me if I am a bit rusty. The previous owner had installed the 1plus1 v 1.0 build with the 3.4.0-CM+ Kernel. Every hour or so the screen stops responding and I have to restart the phone which can be frustrating since my job requires frequent calls.

I am looking to switch to the Cloudy G3 ROM (or another one you guys recommend that is the least buggy). Do I have to do anything besides a full wipe and install the Kitkat baseband then install the Cloudy zip? I have done a nandroid backup (or whatever the equivalent is called on this phone) in case something goes wrong. Also, what is the best way to backup my call logs when I switch ROMs? I have Titanium but not sure which thing to restore.

Thanks

Rms
22nd August 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
ON a similar note, I got a att version running CM11 and would like to switch to Cloudy G3 as well. Anything I should be concerned about? Or its a straightforward flash? Thnx.
22nd August 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 13

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms9

Hi,

I bought a AT&T LG G2 on swappa which I am using on Straight Talk and all is well except a few glitches. I haven't used a ROM'ed phone in a while since my last phone was a locked RAZR HD so forgive me if I am a bit rusty. The previous owner had installed the 1plus1 v 1.0 build with the 3.4.0-CM+ Kernel. Every hour or so the screen stops responding and I have to restart the phone which can be frustrating since my job requires frequent calls.

I am looking to switch to the Cloudy G3 ROM (or another one you guys recommend that is the least buggy). Do I have to do anything besides a full wipe and install the Kitkat baseband then install the Cloudy zip? I have done a nandroid backup (or whatever the equivalent is called on this phone) in case something goes wrong. Also, what is the best way to backup my call logs when I switch ROMs? I have Titanium but not sure which thing to restore.

Thanks

Rms

cant believe nobodys answered you, yes just flash it if it doesnt work as in signal or anything, then install the baseband, but i swear the 1plus1 rom is kitkat soo, just install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to idonttakedrugs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread