FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

[Q] G2 softkeys size

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By blade6591, Junior Member on 30th June 2014, 09:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi friends, i have problem with bottom side of digitizer after replace on my G2. I need bigger softkeys to reduce this problem. Its possible to get bigger softkey buttons ?

Thank

30th June 2014, 02:28 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,548

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade6591

Hi friends, i have problem with bottom side of digitizer after replace on my G2. I need bigger softkeys to reduce this problem. Its possible to get bigger softkey buttons ?

Thank

yes it is all you need to do is decompile the framework-res.apk of your rom and edit the nav bar height to be taller; if you don't know how to do this then you can get me your framework-res.apk/odex and I can make you a flashable zip
30th June 2014, 05:40 PM |#3  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there any way to do the opposite of it without root?
1st July 2014, 12:52 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,548

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD97

Is there any way to do the opposite of it without root?

well the way I know of doing it involves root because it is a change to the system, there are not really any apps that can gain system level access without root and even if they did the app would also need to be able to decompile smali files/rewrite and re-compile so no, not possible without rooting
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 05:50 AM |#5  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 957

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade6591

Thank

You could try using pie controls. Anything that makes the nav bar a different size will require root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread