Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing setting of back buttons

Tip us?

Einsteiniu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Changing setting of back buttons

Hello ! Could someone please tell me if it possible to change the actions of the back volume buttons on the LG G2? By default, when your phone is locked, if you press the downside button it goes straight to camera, and the upside button to QuickMemo. I would like to change this upside button to go to Flashlight, meaning turning the camera led on, instead of going to QuickMemo. Sometimes you just need to turn on a flashlight and it takes 5-10 seconds to get to the widget. It would be a much quicker way of accesing it.

60nine
Old
Thanks Meter 742

DONATE TO ME
i think you can do this with xposed modules (g2 or g3 tweaksbox, depending on which rom you are)

here is a screenshot from g3 tweaksbox miscellaneous settings (i'm on cloudy g3 ported rom)
Enjoy my mixes and drop a comment there if you like them: www.soundcloud.com/60nine or www.mixcrate.com/60nine

- LG G2 D802 - Cloudy G3 v1.3 // Dorimanx kernel 7.x
- LG Optimus 2x - AOSPA ParanoidAndroid 4.45 (kk 4.4.4) + Firtecy Kernel kernel #5
- Prestigio Multipad PMP7100D - Stock JB4.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to 60nine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Einsteiniu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I don't have root access, and I don't intend to root it anytime soon. I thought there was a way of doing that without root...

basti2909
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I think without root there is no way