Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will Towelroot void warranty?

Tip us?

ScopeZz DK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Will Towelroot void warranty?

I know it probably will, but I've read that it doesn't trip Samsung's root checker, so I wondered if it trips the LG root checker?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

CHlCKEN
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeZz DK View Post
I know it probably will, but I've read that it doesn't trip Samsung's root checker, so I wondered if it trips the LG root checker?

Honestly don't know I used towel to root by g2 now its awesome. I once bricked my g2 in January by rooting with a computer and got a replacement I just said it didn't turn on and they gave me a new one (it was rooted) so I'm not really worried if I'm rooted or not
----------------------------------------------------------PHONES I HAD/HAVE-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current phone: LG G2
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Phones:

Google LG Nexus 4
HTC One X (International)
iPhone 3GS
Nokia Nuron
The Following User Says Thank You to CHlCKEN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 460
I havent seen an LG ROOT CHECKER. And what you mean with Samsung is that it doesn't strip Knox to 0x1
IF I HELP YOU AND IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
<===============
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3549831_2.gif

thenewbigmack
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeZz DK View Post

Only evidence I've found of a phone being rooted is if you throw it in download mode. It then says" rooted" at the bottom in red text. However, flashing back to stock using KDZ or TOT once again return the phone to "unrooted" status
The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbigmack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]