Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbricking- charging or not?

Tip us?

sensation lover
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Default [Q] Unbricking- charging or not?

Ok, so I recently got a problem that I've never had before, A rom installation went through fully on TWRP manager but when booting the rom, I get boot errors. I can go into download mode and thus fix the phone however, If I hold the power and vol lower button then it just restarts and has the same error then followed by a blank black screen. The issue is, I don't know if it charges in this mode or not when plugged in, I only had 50% battery life when the rom failed and I don't want the flashing of a stock tot file to fail leading to a solid hard brick. Any ideas?
Thanks.
HTC Sensation-----> Samsung Galaxy S2 -------> HTC ONE X ------------> Galaxy Nexus -------> LG G2

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation lover View Post
Ok, so I recently got a problem that I've never had before, A rom installation went through fully on TWRP manager but when booting the rom, I get boot errors. I can go into download mode and thus fix the phone however, If I hold the power and vol lower button then it just restarts and has the same error then followed by a blank black screen. The issue is, I don't know if it charges in this mode or not when plugged in, I only had 50% battery life when the rom failed and I don't want the flashing of a stock tot file to fail leading to a solid hard brick. Any ideas?
Thanks.
it does charge just like when plugged in mtp mode but it charges at a slower rate so you can try leaving it plugged in for a while(or plug into wall charger for at least an hour and then attempting the flash back to stock