Anyone use a usb 3.0 port with g2? 2.0 transfer speeds are SLOW

3rd July 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieD81

So because Samsung's proprietary usb3.0 looks like that means ours doesn't have it? I guess PC usb3.0 is fake because it doesn't look like Samsung's?
Go do some reading, even our manual brings up usb3.0, lg just hasn't given us their proprietary cable. Search for the thread on here maybe then you will learn something rather then giving out false info.

Actually here since you clearly don't read,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757820

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can search for a cable all you want. But the PORT on your phone must be usb 3.0 since its the smaller port instead the wider one its not 3.0
I think LG had plans to make the G2 usb 3.0 but at changed their minds, who knows why (it's not important).

The lg g2 has no usb 3.0 end of story.
3rd July 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #12  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 81

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobo

You can search for a cable all you want. But the PORT on your phone must be usb 3.0 since its the smaller port instead the wider one its not 3.0
I think LG had plans to make the G2 usb 3.0 but at changed their minds, who knows why (it's not important).

The lg g2 has no usb 3.0 end of story.

LG G2 HAS A USB 3.0 PORT BUT DOES NOT HAVE THE PROPRIETARY CABLE. Can you read?! Over.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757820

Edit: Do you know the meaning of proprietary? you should look it out. LOL
Last edited by MrJyrks; 3rd July 2014 at 10:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJyrks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 15

65 posts
What matter if it does? We have disabled features in products all the time. The fact that new LG G Watch uses Snapdragon 400 with 3 cores disabled (don't quote me on that though, just for an example) doesn't mean that we "should" be able to use the remaining 3 cores. G2 has USB 3.0 support but they doesn't have the connector for it so there's no "proprietary" cable exists I believe.
3rd July 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #14  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 81

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linh1987

What matter if it does? We have disabled features in products all the time. The fact that new LG G Watch uses Snapdragon 400 with 3 cores disabled (don't quote me on that though, just for an example) doesn't mean that we "should" be able to use the remaining 3 cores. G2 has USB 3.0 support but they doesn't have the connector for it so there's no "proprietary" cable exists I believe.

Most LG G2 models do have the proprietary 11-pin usb 3.0 port and there's still an opportunity they'll put their proprietary cable on the market since it will benefit g flex and g pro 2 users aswell since they have the same connector. And i've read some company called analogix, will be releasing a Slimport 4K cable, and they used g flex in the demo, I wonder how? Slimport 4k REQUIRES a usb 3.0 port...

Edit: Anyway, It doesn't really matter, but the point is that the G2 has usb 3.0, you can't state otherwise, but it's pretty useless atm since there's no compatible cable

Oh, and btw, we'll see if the usb 3.0 port really is usable soon, since the op from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757820 bought a cheap g2 off ebay or somewhere and he'll hardwire the interface
Last edited by MrJyrks; 3rd July 2014 at 03:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJyrks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread