FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

what variant ? at&t,tmobil,verizon

3,167 posts
Thanks Meter: 742

By raptorddd, Senior Member on 16th September 2015, 07:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
if i cant get to ainternational variant, wich is the best option? verizon,at&t ,tmobil?? wich supports more roms?

16th September 2015, 08:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag culiacan

More
bump.?? no one??
17th September 2015, 03:32 AM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3,975

More
Really depends on your carrier. Verizon phone may not be a good choice if Verizon isn't your carrier.

The ATT has a locked bootloader. Not sure about the T-mobile version's bootloader.

I have the d802 and it's really nice but I can't get LTE in Canada, only 3g. At least it doesn't have a locked bootloader and, once I figured things out, flashing ROMs is easy.
17th September 2015, 08:21 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag culiacan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Really depends on your carrier. Verizon phone may not be a good choice if Verizon isn't your carrier.

The ATT has a locked bootloader. Not sure about the T-mobile version's bootloader.

I have the d802 and it's really nice but I can't get LTE in Canada, only 3g. At least it doesn't have a locked bootloader and, once I figured things out, flashing ROMs is easy.

well my carrier is telcel from mexico.. and i tought all had bootloader locked, since am buying it in california those are the ones available, used dont want to spend money on new one..
one other question why cloudy 3.3 gets worst battery than stock? i have it he other way around stock galaxy s2 i get worst battery then running aosp lollipop rom
17th September 2015, 12:37 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto

More
I used cloudy for a few days and the battery seemed fine to me.

I don't know if all of the bootloaders are locked.

For my international version, I was able to easily flash twrp and load a custom ROM. Maybe I was using bumped or loki files and didn't know it?
18th September 2015, 03:07 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag culiacan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

I used cloudy for a few days and the battery seemed fine to me.

I don't know if all of the bootloaders are locked.

For my international version, I was able to easily flash twrp and load a custom ROM. Maybe I was using bumped or loki files and didn't know it?

ok, cause i tought if using cloudy gets me the same onscreen time as the n5 then go for n5, but i like the camera and the supposed longer battery time on lg g2.
i dont know anything about bootloader i guess my s2 had it unlocked i only had to flash twrp using odin and the root then rom..
18th September 2015, 01:55 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto

More
I am using Inazuma with the latest Dorimanx kernel and it seems quite good. It's smooth and fast.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)