Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What does verizon check for when getting a replacement?

Tip us?

LtZKilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What does verizon check for when getting a replacement?

Hi guys,

So the other day I managed to completely demolish my G2 through circumstances that will not be explored. The screen is totalled and the touch screen doesn't operate. Other than that the phone does turn on.

My question is, when I go to turn in the phone in store to get a replacement, will they check for anything on the device? I have rooted using towelroot but that's all I did. If they do check, is there a way to unroot with no operation of the screen? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtZKilla View Post
Hi guys,

So the other day I managed to completely demolish my G2 through circumstances that will not be explored. The screen is totalled and the touch screen doesn't operate. Other than that the phone does turn on.

My question is, when I go to turn in the phone in store to get a replacement, will they check for anything on the device? I have rooted using towelroot but that's all I did. If they do check, is there a way to unroot with no operation of the screen? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
If you broke it then they will tell you to go through insurance at that point it doesnt matter if you rooted it or not.
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2