Weird Problem on my LG G2

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By refil, Junior Member on 22nd April 2016, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
(Seriously man, I can't post a link!)
www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=ux-YzGq-vSA
(phew... that was a huge hassle)

That should give you an idea on my somewhat weird and strange problem on my LG G2.

So, I have had my G2 since 2014, has worked surprisingly very well with very very little problems. But just recently I upgraded to Lolipop, was fine for a day or so and this problem suddenly appears. Initially, I was checking my phone and browse the internet, as usual, then I was surprised that my screen moved and jumped like crazy (exactly shown in the video). I was first baffled with this and wondering "what the hell is wrong?". Alright, so I soft reset my phone straight away after that and... Still the same problem. From that time I had been thinking that this could be a serious problem.

The problem started yesterday and is still there even now (with smaller frequency), now I want this to be fixed and I don't know where should I begin. I don't think it's the update that caused this because it was fine for a day or so and no one else got this problem (after updating). I am seeking for your help, anyone?

22nd April 2016, 07:06 PM |#2  
Flag culiacan
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by refil

(Seriously man, I can't post a link!)
www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=ux-YzGq-vSA
(phew... that was a huge hassle)

That should give you an idea on my somewhat weird and strange problem on my LG G2.

So, I have had my G2 since 2014, has worked surprisingly very well with very very little problems. But just recently I upgraded to Lolipop, was fine for a day or so and this problem suddenly appears. Initially, I was checking my phone and browse the internet, as usual, then I was surprised that my screen moved and jumped like crazy (exactly shown in the video). I was first baffled with this and wondering "what the hell is wrong?". Alright, so I soft reset my phone straight away after that and... Still the same problem. From that time I had been thinking that this could be a serious problem.

The problem started yesterday and is still there even now (with smaller frequency), now I want this to be fixed and I don't know where should I begin. I don't think it's the update that caused this because it was fine for a day or so and no one else got this problem (after updating). I am seeking for your help, anyone?

did not see the video am just suggesting.. could it be that your phone its refurbished
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-ebay-t2991195
22nd April 2016, 07:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorddd

did not see the video am just suggesting.. could it be that your phone its refurbished
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-ebay-t2991195

Sorry, but I don't think so. I have never got this problem before, the phone's touchscreen isn't behaving erratically at all. It also have been updated to KitKat from Jelly bean before and there is no similar problem whatsoever. Works 100% fine. And I can tell you that my phone was new, not refurbished... Well, it may be but if I got the phone from a retailer as 'new' then the chances of my phone being refurbished is very very low. There is still a possibility though, how can I check this without doing difficult works? Thanks
22nd April 2016, 10:22 PM |#4  
Flag culiacan
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Quote:

Sorry, but I don't think so. I have never got this problem before, the phone's touchscreen isn't behaving erratically at all. It also have been updated to KitKat from Jelly bean before and there is no similar problem whatsoever. Works 100% fine. And I can tell you that my phone was new, not refurbished... Well, it may be but if I got the phone from a retailer as 'new' then the chances of my phone being refurbished is very very low. There is still a possibility though, how can I check this without doing difficult works? Thanks

In case it is, only seeing model number on motherboard only, pay no attention to other parts...

i just watched video. it seems like your screen maybe damaged or if it has ribbon cable. maybe remove it and clean it or maybe loose.. just as suggestion.. not sure what could be.
23rd April 2016, 07:49 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorddd

In case it is, only seeing model number on motherboard only, pay no attention to other parts...

i just watched video. it seems like your screen maybe damaged or if it has ribbon cable. maybe remove it and clean it or maybe loose.. just as suggestion.. not sure what could be.

Now it's the the third day and it's still there... I am actually thinking that it's to dangerous to open it myself... I think I'm going to bring it to LG service centre. Thanks for helping!
19th May 2016, 06:23 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Now it's the the third day and it's still there... I am actually thinking that it's to dangerous to open it myself... I think I'm going to bring it to LG service centre. Thanks for helping!

I had this problem since 1 year ago too. until now the screen is still jumping but at a low rate unless i watch video or play game than it will jump slightly more often. Any update after you bring it to the service centre?
22nd July 2016, 04:40 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Sorry for the stupidly long update, I have only just given the phone to LG on Wednesday. I'll update this thread when I get the phone back.
2nd September 2016, 08:47 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Got it fixed early last month. Sorry for the late update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)