Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[AOSP] CARBON ROM Unofficial (ls/vs/980 d80/0/1/2/3) (9-9-14)

Tip us?

iamtha1
Old
(Last edited by iamtha1; 4th September 2014 at 05:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 260
9/2 d800 build plus renders latest kernel... So far 3 1/2 hrs screen time. 59% left, love it thank u!

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

oadam11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 370
Hey guys, new nightly is up!
Check post 2 for updated download links!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oadam11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scream_clarity
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by oadam11 View Post
Hey guys, new nightly is up!
Check post 2 for updated download links!

I installed the latest build and now my phone has black lines all over the right side of the screen. Any ideas?
LG G2

Previous Phones
Motorola RAZR V3, LG Venus, Samsung Slyde, LG Dare, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone, Sony Xperia X10, HTC Desire, LG Optimus 7, Galaxy S Fascinate, Nexus S, Motorola Atrix, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation, Samsung Focus, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, HTC EVO 3D, HTC One X, Galaxy Note II, Sony Xperia ZL, Nexus 4, Motorola RAZR HD, Galaxy S4, HTC One GP/DE, Xperia Z, Galaxy Note II

oadam11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by scream_clarity View Post
I installed the latest build and now my phone has black lines all over the right side of the screen. Any ideas?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769770

Sent from my LG G3

oadam11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 370
Okay guys I got a question for you. It seems like a good number of people are getting the permanent black lines after flashing this rom. I know this issue is present in every rom but it seems like this rom has a bigger percentage of people affected.

So should I continue to release updates to this rom?

Sent from my LG G3

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,782
Quote:
Okay guys I got a question for you. It seems like a good number of people are getting the permanent black lines after flashing this rom. I know this issue is present in every rom but it seems like this rom has a bigger percentage of people affected.

Sent from my LG G3
I say go for it. Might want to throw an attention about it in the op. I obviously know that what I do with my phone is my issue and that its best to read around before flashing, but some people can't be arsed to read. They need it in flashing neon colors.

I'm sure there are a lot of people, like me that are not afraid to get them. Ill be flashing this thing till it melts, then I'll flash the refurb till it melts

Sent from my Vs980 running CloudyG3 1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawlrus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fountain79
Old
Thanks Meter 44
If you like building then I would continue to do so. I can say that I am constantly reading this thread as well as many others in the original and android development sections and as of late this is the only one i have seen multiple complaints about screen damage. I do belive it is hardware related since this is my third G2. I never had lines always a dead spot right around were the install button is for new apps from the playstore. So keep doing what you do if you like it. I appreciate it as I am sure others do as well. I would maybe add it to the op as Lawlrus suggested, but it probably won't get read anyways. Thanks for your work.

arifqur
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
I say go for it. Might want to throw an attention about it in the op. I obviously know that what I do with my phone is my issue and that its best to read around before flashing, but some people can't be arsed to read. They need it in flashing neon colors.

I'm sure there are a lot of people, like me that are not afraid to get them. Ill be flashing this thing till it melts, then I'll flash the refurb till it melts

Sent from my Vs980 running CloudyG3 1.3
You da man
The Following User Says Thank You to arifqur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arcardinal
Old
Thanks Meter 1,084

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Sent from my LG G3
Just switch the kernel. The slim releases i had with the kernel youre using caused black lines and weird boot animations. When i merged dr87's thermal commits in the kernel, they went away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arcardinal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MizzouBrent
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcardinal View Post
Just switch the kernel. The slim releases i had with the kernel youre using caused black lines and weird boot animations. When i merged dr87's thermal commits in the kernel, they went away.
100% agree with this.
Device: LG G2 - Sprint (LS-980)
Roms of choice: Mahdi, Slim, Nameless

Tags
carbon, carbonrom, lg g2