[AOSP] CARBON ROM Unofficial (ls/vs/980 d80/0/1/2/3) (9-9-14)

OP oadam11

30th September 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 20

245 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascertion

It's the thermal control within the kernel. The OP is trying to build with AOSP Dorimanx kernel which should fix the screen damage vulnerability.

I am not really sure that's the problem, I mean, I have had my phone really really hot before after doing extensive flashing and stuff before, but truthfully I didn't feel much heat when I flashed this ROM, and I also had dr87 TWRP installed as well which uses even less power to control thermal, I personally think it is still some lines of bad code somewhere that attacks or maybe specifically heats up a certain part of the inside of phone, but yes fix up a compatible kernel it might just be code in the kernel, but if regardless of a new kernel fix and it still kills screens you must look somewhere else than blaming it all on the kernel, but yes I do hope a new kernel will fix it, people really like Carbon and I think it's a beautiful ROM, but I already have been burned now and that was costly, I have new screen but not installed yet, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't the board or something else, I didn't have insurance so I had to pay out of pocket.
30th September 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 2,058

4,282 posts
@Arctic Prodigy
Of all the people I've seen replace the screen after lines, they have all said it was the cable that connected the mobo to the LCD that was the issue.

Problem is you can't just buy the cable. You need the entire LCD assembly for it. You might be able to get away with just replacing that, and have the spare screen for if it gets dropped of something.

Give you something to think about trying before scraping the old lcd
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawlrus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 1,072

2,439 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy

I am not really sure that's the problem, I mean, I have had my phone really really hot before after doing extensive flashing and stuff before, but truthfully I didn't feel much heat when I flashed this ROM, and I also had dr87 TWRP installed as well which uses even less power to control thermal, I personally think it is still some lines of bad code somewhere that attacks or maybe specifically heats up a certain part of the inside of phone, but yes fix up a compatible kernel it might just be code in the kernel, but if regardless of a new kernel fix and it still kills screens you must look somewhere else than blaming it all on the kernel, but yes I do hope a new kernel will fix it, people really like Carbon and I think it's a beautiful ROM, but I already have been burned now and that was costly, I have new screen but not installed yet, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't the board or something else, I didn't have insurance so I had to pay out of pocket.

The Slim ROM Dev said the issue went away with the thermal control edits he placed in his kernel. The test builds he was pushing out was giving black lines until those commits were merged. I don't know exactly what code it is, but it's definitely something with the kernel upon boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ascertion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carbon, carbonrom, lg g2
Previous Thread Next Thread