FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Viber Speaker Bug

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Pulstar35, Member on 10th July 2014, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I'm writing to you to address a problem I have been having for a while now. When I speak on the phone and the speaker is off, the other person hears themself echo. It works fine when the speaker is on but when the speaker is on everyone hears your conversation.

and,

My friend has the same phone (LG G2 D802) as me and we were speaking on Viber and again without the speaker on it was echoing for the both of us. When we both turned on our speakers it started making a static like sound. Oddly enough when we turned off the speaker both the static sound and the echoing stopped. It was weird but i dont want to have to turn the speaker on off everytime and even when i do it doesnt work everytime.

My Device: LG G2 D802 (Android 4.4.2)
Last edited by Pulstar35; 10th July 2014 at 06:33 PM.

12th July 2014, 01:41 AM |#2  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Same problem here, I think its common to all G2s.
I haven't tried it on a custom Rom yet cause I've been running stock mostly, but I'm betting its software.
13th July 2014, 01:19 AM |#3  
Thumbs down Same problem here
Hello, its not just Viber its almost all of the VoIP clients. I have serious doubts about "its software issue" well I have tried almost 4 different roms. from stock 4.2.2 to CM 11. Nothing seems to work. I wonder its the chip. i don't know i am not expert.
if you have any VoIP working plz share. thanks.
13th July 2014, 11:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 526

More
For everyone that is experiencing this issue: we are gathering more information and would appreciate if you could open a support ticket here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2 in order to help us investigate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread