Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Viber Speaker Bug

OP Pulstar35

10th July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Hi, I'm writing to you to address a problem I have been having for a while now. When I speak on the phone and the speaker is off, the other person hears themself echo. It works fine when the speaker is on but when the speaker is on everyone hears your conversation.

and,

My friend has the same phone (LG G2 D802) as me and we were speaking on Viber and again without the speaker on it was echoing for the both of us. When we both turned on our speakers it started making a static like sound. Oddly enough when we turned off the speaker both the static sound and the echoing stopped. It was weird but i dont want to have to turn the speaker on off everytime and even when i do it doesnt work everytime.

My Device: LG G2 D802 (Android 4.4.2)
Last edited by Pulstar35; 10th July 2014 at 07:33 PM.
12th July 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 126

534 posts
Same problem here, I think its common to all G2s.
I haven't tried it on a custom Rom yet cause I've been running stock mostly, but I'm betting its software.
13th July 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down Same problem here
Hello, its not just Viber its almost all of the VoIP clients. I have serious doubts about "its software issue" well I have tried almost 4 different roms. from stock 4.2.2 to CM 11. Nothing seems to work. I wonder its the chip. i don't know i am not expert.
if you have any VoIP working plz share. thanks.
13th July 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 526

1,371 posts
For everyone that is experiencing this issue: we are gathering more information and would appreciate if you could open a support ticket here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2 in order to help us investigate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread