[MOD][THEME][G2][CLOUDY G2.2 & G3 2.1][DEODEXED] Cobalt (+ Giga) icons / UI theme

OP bloof

6th January 2015, 12:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 857

407 posts
Donate to Me
More
UPDATED!
CLOUDY G2 2.2 & G3 2.1 - MOD for Cobalt (+some Gigamatrix) icons & UI theme- See screenshots
CREDITS TO ICON CREATORS!!! THANKS!!
PS: If you did create the icons and don't want them released in this MOD please let me know.

WORKS WITH CLOUDY G2 2.2

I said DEODEXED, and I repeat it. I don't know if this works on ODEX ROM, but it should (now you flash entire apks, not just patch them). Let me know if it does, only test after full nandroid backup.

Screenshots:

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING; AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PHONE, FUNCTIONALITY, DATA, STRESS, ETC

Tested:
This should work on Dalvik and ART and ODEXED ROMs.
- D802 cloudy G3 2.1 Deodexed ART with and without 3minit MOD
- LS980: seems to create an nfc error
Please let me know if you test on other configurations, including odex ROM.
I have serious doubts it would work on verizon phones, depends on how Cloudy G3 works on those.

3minit battery mod for Cloudy G3:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...3-2-1-t2962454
credits @vPro97
NOTE on 3minit MOD: if you want 3minit MOD, then first install that, if you apply 3minit AFTER applying my MOD you will lose some aspects of it.

Notes:
- Battery icon in screenshots is from 3minit
- Most icons are Cobalt. I also used some status bar icons from Gigamatrix (either because they are nicer or Cobalt was not themed), etc.
- The status bar icons have been resized from G3 to fit, others have not, and I like the very large quicksettings icons!
- T-action is not themed, i Just replaced the blue button with something that doesn't clash as much.
- some UI icons in settings might no be themed in "tab mode"

Instructions:
1. Either make a full nandroid backup (recommended if you are testing on an ODEX ROM), or follow these instructions for creating a quick flashable recovery file.
Backup the following files with ZIPme: (Make sure you backup the odex files too if you are testing this on an odex ROM!
system/app/LGEasySettings.apk & LGNfc.apk
system/framwork/framework-res.apk & lge-res.apk
system/priv-app/LGContacts.apk & LGInCallUI.apk & LGSettings.apk & LGSystemUI.apk
2. Download flashable zips (see Download section below)
4. Reboot to recovery
5a. If you DON'T have E 3minit: Flash "Flash-CloudyG3-Cobalt-Theme-FULL files.zip" first, if you want the light blue clock on the left then also flash "Flash-CloudyG3-ClockBlueLeft-stock.zip" second (this last flashable zip is only a patch to LGSystemUI.apk, it might not work for ODEX ROMs).
5b. If you HAVE 3minit: Flash "Flash-CloudyG3-Cobalt-3minit-FULL files.zip" first, if you want the light blue clock on the left then also flash "Flash-CloudyG3-ClockBlueLeft-3minit.zip" second (this last flashable zip is only a patch to LGSystemUI.apk, it might not work for ODEX ROMs).
6. Reboot to system

Downloads:
Flash-CloudyG3-Cobalt-Theme-FULL files.zip
Flash-CloudyG3-Cobalt-3minit-FULL files.zip
Flash-CloudyG3-ClockBlueLeft-3minit.zip
Flash-CloudyG3-ClockBlueLeft-stock.zip

Restore:
If you have followed this link instructions to create a recovery file BEFORE applying these MODs, then simply reboot to recovery and flash your recovery file.
If you also installed 3minit MOD please follow the 3minit MOD removal instructions (http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...3-2-1-t2962454).

keywords: cloudy G3 2.1, theme, mod, gigamatrix, cobalt, lgsystemui, ui
Last edited by bloof; 24th January 2015 at 01:24 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bloof For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 12:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,429

1,398 posts
By experience, this should also work on ODEX roms. Great job mate, that's a wonderful contribution.
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 01:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

407 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

By experience, this should also work on ODEX roms. Great job mate, that's a wonderful contribution.

Thanks, trying to catch up with you.

But this flashable ZIP only contains replacement image files and patches the apks, so not sure if it would work on Odex.
The Following User Says Thank You to bloof For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 01:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,429

1,398 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloof

Thanks, trying to catch up with you.

But this flashable ZIP only contains replacement image files and patches the apks, so not sure if it would work on Odex.

Oh! I think the best you can do (if it doesn't work for ODEX) is to provide a LGsystemui.apk that's already Deodexed and contains your changes. People will end up with a Deodexed systemui but if it's zipaligned they won't notice a decrease in performance at all.
6th January 2015, 01:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

407 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

Oh! I think the best you can do (if it doesn't work for ODEX) is to provide a LGsystemui.apk that's already Deodexed and contains your changes. People will end up with a Deodexed systemui but if it's zipaligned they won't notice a decrease in performance at all.

8 files are modded. Should be zipaligned.

Edit: i just created zip files that contain the entire apks, should now work on odex too.
Last edited by bloof; 6th January 2015 at 11:47 PM.
7th January 2015, 02:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
More
all done. thanx..

please attach this wallpaper
The Following User Says Thank You to kehadamus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2015, 01:11 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

407 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehadamus

all done. thanx..

please attach this wallpaper

You mean this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-10-20-09-01~2.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	3104417  
9th January 2015, 12:26 PM   |  #8  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
More
thanks...
15th January 2015, 05:35 PM   |  #9  
Flag Atlanta Area
Thanks Meter: 51

530 posts
More
Great mod. I flashed the full zip and it looks to come over fine but I keep getting an unfortunately nfc service has stopped error. Any suggestions?
15th January 2015, 07:05 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

407 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl

Great mod. I flashed the full zip and it looks to come over fine but I keep getting an unfortunately nfc service has stopped error. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that.
Which model do you have?
The only thing I can think of is that your nfc.apk is different for some reason.

Option 1:
1. Boot to recovery and wipe dalvik+cache.
2. See if that works.

Option 2:
1. Revert to your original files
2. Boot to recovery and flash the non-full version:
https://mega.co.nz/#!HZoDDQ5b!ekEx4C...VyFRvG0dvN-7u8

Let me know if the problem persists.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread