[ solved ] Nova Launcher prime - double tap to sleep - how to?

Search This thread

EROMITLAB

Sep 23, 2013
Double tap status bar in Nova and tap twice anywhere from lock or phone screen off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OMERZEN

Feb 4, 2009
You know the answer but you still ask the question.
The answer is YOU DON'T.

You need 3rd party app like Screen off & lock... if you want nova launcher to implement screen off shotcut so you and we all use it for double tap or another gesture, you gotta ask the app developpers
simply go here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher.prime&hl=tr
and demand this option... so we all enjoy this feature :D

Reactions: Led Zeppelin

60nine

The answer is YOU DON'T.

You need 3rd party app like Screen off & lock...

did you notice "solved" in the title of the thread?
did you read the thread at all? (if you did - you'd see that there are several workarounds mentioned already, including what you posted and what i already use)

i didn't ask moderators to lock this thread just to let people post OTHER workarounds they find - not to write what already exists in the thread...

so, next time - first read the thread - then post if you have something NEW to add... thanks

cheers...

hamid.plus

Sep 8, 2008
Gohardasht
Very Simple Solution!

A good solution would be asigning "double click" gesture to screen lock. What I found very useful and fully working is to install "Lock" shortcut which "elias.grande" has created and can be downloaded from this link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799265

Although he made this APK for rooted device to modify "Quick Launch", it can be installed on non-rooted devices as a shortcut to lock screen. So I suggest you to download "QuickLaunchLock.apk"!
Cheers

Hamid+

baba_qga

Sep 2, 2010
Also works with Llama. Create new event, set action to screen off, don't assign conditions. Then in Nova settings assign this event to the double tap Nova gesture

Reactions: Jahcure

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Turn Off Screen from play store and assign it to Double Tap on Nova launcher in Gesture Settings.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmcm.screenoff
    I think not. If i remember, it worked well without 3rd party app, but now it is "disabled". Anyway, here is another guide:

"The Nova Launcher option

Another app that functions very similarly to the way you’d use Apex Launcher is*Nova Launcher. The same as you did for the first method, you will only be able to use this one if you also installed Greenify on the device. Therefore, you should go to the Google Play store and look for these two tools and install them.

Whenever you’re ready, check the steps below:

Open Nova Launcher and go to its Settings.Click on Gestures and Buttons and scroll down to Gestures.Select Double Tap and wait for the Choose Action menu to load.Go to Shortcuts, and then click on Hibernate and Lock Screen.

You may have noticed before that selecting the right settings in the first application is going to automatically send you to the second app you need to use. In this case,*Greenify will open*a new discussion and ask you to authorize Nova to use your screen.

You should go under the Automator and click on Allow Greenfy, and then confirm this option by pressing Activate. You’re now good to go and can test if the display is working properly by double tapping to send it to sleep."
    http://techpp.com/2015/03/13/android-double-tap-screen-wake-sleep-guide/

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    i love when people post without reading...
    The answer is YOU DON'T.

You need 3rd party app like Screen off & lock...

did you notice "solved" in the title of the thread?
    did you read the thread at all? (if you did - you'd see that there are several workarounds mentioned already, including what you posted and what i already use)

i didn't ask moderators to lock this thread just to let people post OTHER workarounds they find - not to write what already exists in the thread...

so, next time - first read the thread - then post if you have something NEW to add... thanks

cheers...
    Also works with Llama. Create new event, set action to screen off, don't assign conditions. Then in Nova settings assign this event to the double tap Nova gesture