FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone!

I am a newbie here and please correct me if this is not the right place to post.

I recently rooted my D802 Intl. version with Lollipop updated and installed the app named "Power Schedule" to improve productivity. Basically I wanted to automate the power off of my device when I sleep at night. The app was the perfect and works great.
But,
One confusion!
It just directly sends the power-off signal (maybe from busybox poweroff -f) and just cut off the power directly. That's also the developers way to do so.
I wonder that is there any possible way to do the shutdown before powering off the device?
Or
Is it harmful to continue with this app? (Developer is not justifying )

Thank you!

Have a great ahead!

6th June 2015, 03:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I use automateit for auto shutdown. Not sure how it powers off the device. You might want to try that app.
You can also set airplane mode(within the app) on if power off doesn't work well.
__Sorry for bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to cemunleashed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2015, 05:25 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Thanks. I'll try and see.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2015, 08:12 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangkok

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemunleashed

I use automateit for auto shutdown. Not sure how it powers off the device. You might want to try that app.
You can also set airplane mode(within the app) on if power off doesn't work well.
__Sorry for bad english

It works. But does the same thing that Power Schedule app does. Just triggers the power off signal but not a formal shutdown command.

Is there anyone tried and faced this? I'm just curious that though it doesn't show "Shutting down" message, is it doing the safe way of powering off the device?

19th June 2015, 12:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It uses "reboot -p" in order to power off the device.
You can just trigger airplane mode.Battery barely drains in airplane mode anyway.
23rd June 2015, 06:15 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangkok

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the information. I would like to know that is it healthy to use "reboot -p" method continuously?
Will something bad happen to the OS or the Hardware by doing this regularly?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread