Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[REQUEST] Helix Boot Animation for FullHD (xxhdpi)

14th September 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,502

1,442 posts
Hello!
I've been searching for the helix boot animation for some time now. When a nice member on XDA gave me the link to the original thread(here), I was so happy, but it seems like the boot animation is intended for 720p and not 1080p, so the phone upscales it which results in REALLY bad pictures.

Therefore - I'd love it if anybody could take the time to upscale the bootanimation images into FHD (1080p).

The original bootanimation can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYaOzdJ51_w

The zip is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.79 MB, 205 views)
Last edited by vPro97; 14th September 2014 at 10:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,513

1,805 posts
Donate to Me
More
upscaling any image from this animation (or any bitmap image in general) would result in the same distortion (pixelisation)...

only way to upscale the image is to have the original, higher resolution source (1080p or bigger), or in this case - to add the black border that would fill the 720p to 1080p gap in size, but in that case - you'll end up with a 1080p image with thick black border around it

only image format that can be upscaled without distortion and loss of quality are the vector ones (adobe illustrator, corel, svg,...)
Last edited by 60nine; 14th September 2014 at 01:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 60nine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,502

1,442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine

upscaling any image from this animation (or any bitmap image in general) would result in the same distortion (pixelisation)...

only way to upscale the image is to have the original, higher resolution source (1080p or bigger), or in this case - to add the black border that would fill the 720p to 1080p gap in size, but in that case - you'll end up with a 1080p image with thick black border around it

only image format that can be upscaled without distortion and loss of quality are the vector ones (adobe illustrator, corel, svg,...)

Ah yeah. Thanks for your reply. Seems like I'm out of luck.
15th September 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
On my phone the animation stops before the end, if people know this problem.thanks
29th September 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bethel Springs,TN
Thanks Meter: 449

430 posts
More
Set permissions as normal and make sure to add T at end. On ES it's sticky click it too. Golden

Is that an iPhone 6 ?......."LMFAO!!!!" said my G3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread