Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good Bicycle Mount For G3

Tip us?

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default Good Bicycle Mount For G3

Hi,

Anyone bought a good bike mount for the G3 yet? I bought the item listed here on Ebay;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Resi...item5d4d46fc7e
However when riding it tends to slowly drop down and move about on my handlebar's I can stop and re-tighten it but it's a pain in the arse to keep having to do that.
Ideally, Id like it to be waterproof don't really plan on using it the rain but in UK is easy to get caught out.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Device: LG G3 DS855
ROM: Stock Rooted by Towelroot
Kernel: Stock

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 8010
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Rooted + Mods

H_Mark
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Looks like the handlebar attachment can't be tightened enough. Are you strapping it onto a metal section of your handlebars? If so the dimpling inside the plastic strap probably doesn't get any grip on the smooth metal. If you strap it over something with a bit more friction it might do better - maybe just putting a circle of tape on the handlebars to strap it over would be enough extra grip?

Other than that it looks a decent case - how much does it affect the touchscreen sensitivity?

grypho
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Im using this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ADWF53K2SYIN1

With my f400k and i love it.

oldschoolsig
Old
Thanks Meter 2
gh Grade Ultra-Grip Bike / Motorcycle Mount for LG Optimus G Pro, LG G2, G3, LG Flex, HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 , Note 3 Mobile Phones w/ Swivel*...

Digitl

Great one that I used on my g2 that also fits my g3.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Mark View Post
Looks like the handlebar attachment can't be tightened enough. Are you strapping it onto a metal section of your handlebars? If so the dimpling inside the plastic strap probably doesn't get any grip on the smooth metal. If you strap it over something with a bit more friction it might do better - maybe just putting a circle of tape on the handlebars to strap it over would be enough extra grip?

Other than that it looks a decent case - how much does it affect the touchscreen sensitivity?
Yeah you're right it just slips on the smooth metal, I did try adding some tape and padding to add friction but didn't really help unfortunately.

Touchscreen is more or less unusable tbh, swipes work okish but taps are pretty much useless. I do have a screen protector on also so that probably don't help either but it's pretty bad.
Device: LG G3 DS855
ROM: Stock Rooted by Towelroot

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 8010
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Rooted + Mods

H_Mark
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 557953 View Post
Yeah you're right it just slips on the smooth metal, I did try adding some tape and padding to add friction but didn't really help unfortunately.

Touchscreen is more or less unusable tbh, swipes work okish but taps are pretty much useless. I do have a screen protector on also so that probably don't help either but it's pretty bad.
Hmm, not really a recommendation then?

I was using one that was a small bag attached to the frame&handlebar post, which at least guaranteed it would hold on well, but the viewing position isn't as good as a handlebar mount. Unfortunately, my G3 won't fit!

cacing32
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Just trying looking for bike mount for G3 and found one,

High Grade Ultra-Grip Bike / Motorcycle Mount for LG Optimus G Pro, LG G2, G3, LG Flex, HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 , Note 3 Mobile Phones w/ Swivel Cradle and Safety Strap

Info:
Compatible with most straight, drop, trekking, touring, and standard size handlebars
Screw lock mount prevents from sliding off your handlebar or rail
Security Strap to add additional protection to your LG Optimus G Pro / LG G2 from taking a spill
Use with golf carts, ATVs, snowmobiles, hang gliders, or other apparatus with cylindrical frames or posts

Hopes help

Vuer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm used these from amazon .(i'm New user and i cant make reply or paste external link )And this is best way to integrate g3 with bike