Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

This new Bunker Ring is a no brainer.

OP Nate Rules

18th August 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

129 posts
Their is a very reasonably priced Bunker Ring on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 A few years ago I was debating between the FlyGrip and the Bunker ring. I ended up getting a $6 one from china to see if I liked it. It was clunky but real useful so I bought the real thing for $20. Well, recently my wife stole it and I had to get a new one. Now there is one for under 5 bucks from china and I like it better than the expensive one. I just thought I should share since I think it is a great way to spend 5 bucks. And it took just a little over a week to get it.
18th August 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
...What is that?
18th August 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 230

1,126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregur

...What is that?

Its like a Fly Grip.. lets you hold the phone with a finger (like a ring) instead of having to use a whole hand (or 2). Its good for watching media but can be a little clunky aesthetically.
19th August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregur

...What is that?

Yeah, it's a holder that is also a kickstand. It makes the phone easy to use with one hand. It can be real useful. It does need a hard glossy surface to attach to. I just use 2 cases. I keep this on one, but when I go to the gym I switch cases so I can sit my phone on a machine. And for less than 5 bucks it is an easy way to see if you like it. The Fly Grip is $30.
20th August 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 47

1,279 posts
Thanks for sharing, however I cant see that ever being very convenient, also isnt it uncomfortable hanging off your finger?
20th August 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 230

1,126 posts
Forgot about the kickstand
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer285

Thanks for sharing, however I cant
see that ever being very convenient, also isnt it uncomfortable hanging off your finger?

I can't speak for this but I have seen ppl use something similar on other phones like the G2/Note2 and they seemed OK with it.

I actually stuck back on my tablet fly grip and was pleasantly surprised (slight awkward with back keys but putting bellow them still fine); using Diztronic ultra case. Still fits car mount so pretty happy about that.
Last edited by IamPro; 20th August 2014 at 05:55 PM.
21st August 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer285

Thanks for sharing, however I cant see that ever being very convenient, also isnt it uncomfortable hanging off your finger?

It actually makes it a lot more comfortable. It makes it easy to reach all the areas on your phone with one hand because the phone is held securely with your finger tips at the center of the back of the phone. If that makes sense. Instead of needing to wrap your fingers all of the way around to get a firm grip. Once you use one it just feels wrong to hold a phone without one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread