Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data cables quick charge

Tip us?

kpj313
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I picked this one off Amazon for the G2 and worked great, sadly not available...

big70tom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
I'm trying to get extras...maybe LG has one

manaox2
Old
(Last edited by manaox2; 5th September 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 40
I guess I need to be the one that says any manufacturer's USB cable that works at all should be able to do at least 1 amp charging. USB spec is .5 amp, so that isn't surprising. Laptops that don't recognize something plugged into the port may not send the full voltage in order to save power, it depends on the manufacturer. The stock cable should easily handle 2.1 amp.

In short, the problem is much more likely to be the charging adapter or the USB port not putting out enough voltage, not the cable itself.

At least its not Apple which requires you to have iTunes installed to charge iDevices properly off of a USB port.

jah
Old
(Last edited by jah; 6th September 2014 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by big70tom View Post
I'm trying to get extras...maybe LG has one
My HTC M8 Quick charger's USB cable seems to work fine with the LG 1.8amp charger but at least here in the UK the HTC charger is difficult to get find. So not the best answer to your query, sorry.
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)