Ask a question

No registration required

earbuds with iOS remote...

OP jtemple42000

18th August 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

79 posts
Does anyone have a set of ear buds with a iOS remote on them that they can plug into the G3 and see if the remote works. I have read that some android phones, including a few made by LG are compatible with the iOS remote. Anyone care try it out for me?

My wife gets killer discounts on AKG products. They make a pair of reference class ear buds (K3003i) that retail for over $1000. I can get them for....well, I can get them really cheap, however the only model I can get is the iOS model. I don't want to spend the money though if they will not work. They say that you can get a adapter to go from 4 pole to 3 pole male 3.5mm plug, but do the buttons still work?
18th August 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
More
the play pause works using my stock iP4 headphones with my G3 and S4 but the volume up/down and double clicks ect do not.
18th August 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 545

2,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have Bose freestyle ear buds and the volume rockers don't work in android, but the play/ pause button does. It also bring up google now. IOS remotes use a different resistor combination so that's why the volume rockers don't work.
18th August 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

79 posts
Thanks for the info....

It'd be nice if I could get all the buttons to work properly. They sell a version that works with android, but for some reason, that version is not offered on her employee discount webpage. I've seen that the control can be taken apart and different resistors soldered in, but I'm really not fond of the idea of peeling apart a pair of $1300 ear buds, whether I paid a fraction of what they cost or not.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jtemple42000; 18th August 2014 at 03:01 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread