16th February 2015, 11:07 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 212

1,258 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys

Been looking for a case for my g3 for a while and having a hard time finding exactly what I want...

I want to know if anyone has seen anything out there like that I am looking for...

Essentially, i want the G3 flip cover (that replaces the battery cover and has at the least NFC) but no quick circle hole... since I am running cm12, there are no apps for the quick circle and want something that doesnt have the hole for it...

Does that make sense?

I am finding some that dont have the hole but they are snap on cases, they dont replace the battery cover like the G3 case does...

Or if anyone has any ideas or seen anything on how to modify the case I have now (have the one with the quick circle)....

I was thinking about covering the inside with velvet or something... but cant think of anything to cover the hole
Last edited by c_86; 16th February 2015 at 11:37 PM.
17th February 2015, 06:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

607 posts
I imagine everything aftermarket would be a snap on. You might check aliexpress or another similar site. They typically have OEM style accessories.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd March 2015, 02:07 AM |#3  
Flag Struthers
Thanks Meter: 18

117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_86

Hey guys

Been looking for a case for my g3 for a while and having a hard time finding exactly what I want...

I want to know if anyone has seen anything out there like that I am looking for...

Essentially, i want the G3 flip cover (that replaces the battery cover and has at the least NFC) but no quick circle hole... since I am running cm12, there are no apps for the quick circle and want something that doesnt have the hole for it...

Does that make sense?

I am finding some that dont have the hole but they are snap on cases, they dont replace the battery cover like the G3 case does...

Or if anyone has any ideas or seen anything on how to modify the case I have now (have the one with the quick circle)....

I was thinking about covering the inside with velvet or something... but cant think of anything to cover the hole

Hated that about switching to Cyanogenmod! It's so much better, but I have three different QuickCircle cases and they're useless. Wish they'd add support for at least the clock!

Well, I searched and I couldn't find anything either. Perhaps you can make a hybrid of the two cases. You can get a QuickCircle case with QI and NFC for $12 brand new on eBay, then maybe you could cut off the front and take a different case that doesn't take the back and put that front on it. If you're good at sewing or glueing it might just work!
2nd March 2015, 07:48 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

1,258 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ya all I did was glue a soft piece of material on the inside of the circle case I have and layered from carbon fibre vinyl cut into circles to fill the circle. It worked. But it wasn't as pretty as I hoped. But it works for now till I find something.
8th March 2015, 12:41 AM |#5  
Flag Struthers

117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ya all I did was glue a soft piece of material on the inside of the circle case I have and layered from carbon fibre vinyl cut into circles to fill the circle. It worked. But it wasn't as pretty as I hoped. But it works for now till I find something.

Found a solution to add Quick Circle functionality to Cyanogenmod 12 if you're interested.

Quote me so ill get an email on the response so I can reply faster.

Sent from my LG-D851
8th March 2015, 07:01 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

1,258 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJacobee

Found a solution to add Quick Circle functionality to Cyanogenmod 12 if you're interested.

Quote me so ill get an email on the response so I can reply faster.

Sent from my LG-D851

Sir man. Pm it over. Thx
8th March 2015, 04:45 PM |#7  
Flag Struthers

117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sir man. Pm it over. Thx

There are a few bugs, but I am incredibly happy about this. I can confirm it is working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-aosp-t3043744

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread