Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Spigen case question

OP 28cliff

9th November 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
My Spigen slim armor case is both slim and good looking. The armor part is my question. Can any member report a dropped phone with this case. What was the result?
CliffordS
9th November 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28cliff

My Spigen slim armor case is both slim and good looking. The armor part is my question. Can any member report a dropped phone with this case. What was the result?
CliffordS

Pocket level drop. Phone all fine, spigen glass has a crack going through the whole screen.
10th November 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  

2 posts
Phone drop from my ear while sitting. The phone fell on the bottom right corner of the case and the screen broke.. I have replaced the screen a week ago and ordered the otterbox defender. Hope it will be better im not ready for another screen replacment ��
Last edited by IdanBS; 10th November 2014 at 04:43 AM.
10th November 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdanBS

Phone drop from my ear while sitting. The phone fell on the bottom right corner of the case and the screen broke.. I have replaced the screen a week ago and ordered the otterbox defender. Hope it will be better im not ready for another screen replacment ��

Sorry about your broken screen. Was it in a Spigen case?
CliffordS
10th November 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
Yep, spigen slim armor (which I'm still using until ill get the defender)

Sent from my LG-D855
10th November 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
I will do the same. I'm ordering a Otter Defender case.
Thanks for relating you experience.
CliffordS
11th November 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 43

542 posts
Mine fell out of my shirt pocket from about 2 feet above the tile floor. Landed on the bottom right corner and put one long crack diagonal up the screen. First and only time to drop the phone. I let Spigen know of my disappointment. FYI, this phone's screen becomes unresponsive to touch when broken (well one half of mine did). $156 screen replacement through LG.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
11th November 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #8  

19 posts
Did you have any glass protection on ?
14th November 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #9  
Flag Tczew

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllstarE4

Mine fell out of my shirt pocket from about 2 feet above the tile floor. Landed on the bottom right corner and put one long crack diagonal up the screen. First and only time to drop the phone. I let Spigen know of my disappointment. FYI, this phone's screen becomes unresponsive to touch when broken (well one half of mine did). $156 screen replacement through LG.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

It's sad to hear that.
But is there any one who had his g3 dropped and survived in spigen case? I have it as well but now thinking about changing it for something else. Although I don't drop my phone often. [emoji12]

Wysłane z mojego LG-D855 przy użyciu Tapatalka
14th November 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
I started this thread because I read a few reports on screen breakage. I have the Spigen case on the phone now but because of the possibility of screen damage I decided to go with the Otter Defender. Between the 2 LG G3's in the family we have 4 Spigen cases. While waiting for the Otter case my G3 slipped out of my hand while retrieving it off my dresser. It landed face down. Luckily for me there was no damage. I also have a Tempered Glass screen protector on the G3. So the Spigen plus the screen protector did its job. The drop distance was about 3 feet. Now that I see how easy it is to drop a phone. Thankfully the Spigen and the tempered glass protector did its job. I now choose to have a little more protection so I'm glad that I ordered the Otter Defender.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread